Deliver Us The Moon

RPS managed to play a build at Gamescom and put up some impressions:

Out today!

Seems its a little less impressive than the first game? Anyone playing this?

So I meant to play this closer to release and all these things happened and blah blah blah anyway, I played this over the last few days. I really liked it, I find these ‘space engineer’ kind of games very satisfying. The game is a little heavier on the personal and family drama angle, with the main character traveling with a team that include sister on a mission to Mars, where she is hoping to find the father that abandoned her years ago. But otherwise it plays very much like the first game, as I imagine one would expect.

There’s one thing that bugged me while playing the game, and it’s a relatively minor technical issue. You can back out to the main screen and review the chapters, instantly load any of them up. But you can also review your collectible progress there. And if you’re hovering over the chapter and should accidentally hit ‘A’, you restart at that chapter’s beginning. There’s no, ‘are you sure you want to restart here’ or any kind of check, just boom here you go. That may not be something most people pay attention to or get caught with, but it got me a couple of times. Slightly aggravating, oh well.

Er, wrong, you played it a while ago, see your post here:

I realize this thread is confusingly titled for the first game, but I played Deliver Us the Moon some time ago and played Deliver Us Mars this past week. I guess we could split the sequel into its own thread, but I don’t think the traffic would merit doing so.

Oh hey, Epic Game Store is going to give away this game’s sequel, Deliver Us Mars next week!

Just made it to Mars! There’s a bit of the ponderous walking sim in here but I like how it’s leaning into its grounded SF setting.

I got to go through Max Q!

Just finished this game, which is quite a thing to be honest: I don’t finish games that often. So to finish what is really a walking sim with some puzzles, an over-dramatic story and dated character models is somewhat puzzling. I don’t know, it just clicked. Loved the setting, the voice-acting, most of the graphics (character models excluded, but you get used to that) and really, really wanted to know what happened next. I really enjoyed this little game.

Never played Deliver us the Moon, and I doubt playing that now, after finishing this, is a good idea. But as free Epic Games giveaway, this was a blast!