Dems 2019: Dem Hard With A Vengeance

We don’t make friends drink cologne.

DEMS IN DISARRAY

They always put a picture of AOC on these articles.

We know that you and everyone on the left wants certain things, but you know, not everyone wants those things so if you don’t just pretend to be a conservative you won’t be able to win elections and then you won’t be able to not vote for those things while you kowtow to these phantom moderates.

AOC telling it like it is. Media bias is real. In this case, writing off more than half the population of the US and focusing only on old white conservative voters.

The Republicans said the same about Reagan in the 70s. Reaganists won, and did a lot of damage. We’re going to need to go for it all to undo the damage.

No, it’s not simply old white conservatives. That’s just something she’s injecting.
https://twitter.com/NumbersMuncher/status/1107046291870306305

So, groups she’s underwater with:
Adults
Republicans
Independents
Men
Whites
Voters 35-54
Voters 54+

That’s an interesting set of statistics… I wonder how it compares to other quasi-first-time celebrities?

What struck me is that in September, half the nation had no idea who she was, but in February… a good third of the nation still has no idea who she is. So out of the 20% of America that learned about her in the last six months, two-thirds of them came away from that first impression disliking her.

I would be willing to bet that a large majority of that 20% learned her name from Fox News and their 24/7 AOC Panic Desk.

The only group that she should care about (Democrats) is up 8 points.

Why is the country’s opinion of AOC an item of interest? I can have an opinion about her but since she’s not my representative I don’t think it matters a whole lot what I think of her.

But since Gallup likes asking people their opinion of “people in the news” let’s ask the country about Mitch McConnell next.

Does that mean you shouldn’t have an opinion of the racist rep from Iowa?

Are we getting quarterly sentiment ratings for Steve King now? I don’t recall seeing any national polling on him, even when he’s full Nazi.

Again, I have an opinion on that shitbag racist, but I doubt he cares what I think.

What is the value in measuring approval/disapproval of people like this? Do we learn something about the country? About ourselves? I’m not asking to be snarky, I’m asking because I am trying to figure it out.

Because, for reasons vast and complex and stupid in equal parts, she has become both the face of the New Left in the Democratic Party and the next Cruella de Ville of a Fox/GOP all too aware that Hillary and Senator Warren are getting up there.

Yeah, it’s not like the next Hillary Clinton Scarecrow is just going to construct herself. These things take years if not decades to build!

This. The mass media has grabbed on to her for stories and the right is using her to scare those who fear the left. For better or worse she now represents much more than just her district. Part of that is her “fault”, as a newly elected rep she has chosen to take big stands on national issues. Part of that is simply the politics of 2019.

The conservative playbook is pretty well understood at this point. Find something, anything, plausible that a Democrat (and usually a woman) has said that is incorrect, and then beat them to death with it in the public eye.

It’s the same thing as with the “trash during the oil pipeline protests”. Oh ho! These so called environmentalists left a shit ton of trash [because they were forced to leave]! Their argument is invalid and now i’m angry at liberal hypocracy. So typical of liberals! They don’t understand their own business at all.

ICE is separating kids from their parents on the border. Oh ho! Obama passed a rule about something something kids coming over and getting special treatment, so it’s all his fault, and liberals refuse to admit this! Who is being irrational now, liberals!

AOC said the Green New Deal is going to create millions of jobs. Oh ho! What are these jobs, a bunch of government regulators? Of course Democrats are going to pay people with government jobs. Now that I’ve explained away any liberal objection (if they even have any!) I can return to my breakfast content that the climate change hoax has been defeated for another day.

We’re a celebrity culture. AOC is enormously charismatic. I assume she drives clicks and engagement from all ends of the political spectrum, and there’s really no use wishing it were otherwise.

Anyone having trouble understanding this and contextualizing the AOC “approval drop” appropriately needs a fucking brain transplant.

“I don’t want that omelette brain”.

#justanthemthings

STAMINA