Dems 2019: Dem Hard With A Vengeance

But FDR was governor of New York.

I thought he was but figured I must be wrong. Nice to know I was right in the first place. :)

Ohhh, you mean that FDR.

You and @Scuzz are right.

On the charts with a bullet.

Some asshole on Fox just compared her to Dan Quayle, saying she hasn’t spelled potato wrong yet but basically insinuating she’s an idiot. They’re scared to fucking death of her and I love it.

Fox’s treatment of Trump demonstrates their low tolerance for idiots.

Earlier in the month she picked up a committee assignment to the House Financial Services committee, which is pretty goddamned powerful as well.

The House Democratic leadership is not exactly hiding the chamber’s brightest light under a bushel, much to their credit.

In fact, this seems pretty big, like House Leadership wisely deciding to get on the big tain coming down the tracks, instead of getting run over by it:

One good way to handle anti-establishment agitators is to turn them into the establishment.

Pelosi knows what she’s doing.

AOC on these key committees also ensures the hearings get more media time and eyeballs.

New PPP poll with matchups of various Dems with Trump.

The survey also pitted Trump against hypothetical Democratic opponents for the 2020 election to see where things stood. Trump trailed all seven likely Democratic candidates that the company used: former Vice President Joe Biden (53 percent to 41 percent), Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders (51 percent to 41 percent), California Senator Kamala Harris (48 percent to 41 percent), former Texas Representative Beto O’Rourke (47 percent to 41 percent), Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren (48 percent to 42 percent), New Jersey Senator Cory Booker (47 percent to 42 percent) and New York Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (47 percent to 42 percent).

The takeaways are: Anybody But Trump, and Biden and Bernie’s name recognition gives them an edge, but hardly a massive one.

The poll also pegged Trump’s approval at 40%, with support for impeachment at 46%.

I saw Warren on AC360 tonight.

Man if anyone can lose to Trump, it’s her.

That may be, but she’s about 790,000 times as qualified for the job as DJT. She’ll be easy to attack by the idiots at Fox, and Trump will just tweet POCAHONTAS!! POCAHONTAS! WOUNDED KNEE!! NO COLLUSION!! nonstop to fire up his base of dipshits.

Edit. I like Harris a lot, personally, and I think she can win, but she’ll never win over the deadeyed misogynists and racists, of course.

I like Warren a lot, but there’s no way she’s the nominee and that’s a good thing. She doesn’t have the charisma.

I so look forward to having it explained to me that I am a terrible misogynist for saying so.

I think that the “charisma” thing comes down not to something like not being smiley enough or whatever.

It’s that she’s BLAND. She’s super boring.

She was raised in Oklahoma. She is super oklahomaey.

I always liked her a lot when she showed up to discuss things on Bill Moyer’s show, or the Daily Show, but yeah, she comes across as too boring for a politician, probably. She’s interesting when she’s discussing interesting things, but as a Politician, you have to say the same speeches over and over and make it exciting each time. It’s a hard skill, and I don’t think she has it.

Clearly our recent history indicates that the most important thing our country need at this moment of crisis is a president who is not boring.

I mean, could you imagine a world where the president just ran the country efficiently and dully and you never once woke up suddenly in the middle of the night thinking, “Oh God, what will happen tomorrow?” Where it never occurred to you to think, “I have no interest in what the president is doing, because I’m sure it’s fine, and won’t lead to bizarre and unprecedented outcomes?”- not because every day was full of bizarre and unprecedented events, but because things were so quiet the very idea of the government not running smoothly was a strange and unfamiliar concept?

A thousand times no! This would be boring. Boredom is hell itself. We must save our nation from this torture!

This. She’s Gore 2.0

edit - to clarify, I voted for Gore and would have taken him a million times over Trump any day of the week. But bland is bland, and it really hurt him.

I’d love to see Bernie Sanders run again and this time take the nomination. I know he’s just another old white guy, but he’s also Jewish! That’d be a first. AOC would make a great running mate too.

The earliest she could be on a ticket would be 2024 (she’s only 29).