Dems 2019: Dem Hard With A Vengeance

Thanks for ruining the daydream I had going on, Dan.

Maybe Warren could learn how to do magic tricks or play an instrument or something.

Maybe she could be a completely ignorant clown and asshole in debates. Heartland America seems to lap that up.

Only when men do it, though.

Being boring doesn’t prevent you from serving as president.

It just prevents you from being elected as president.

Didn’t stop Eisenhower. Or Bush Sr. (Or Bush Jr., for that matter, but the village decided he was a the kind of guy you could “have a beer with,” as if that somehow made him riveting.)

Gee, it’s almost if only certain kinds of candidates are yelled at for being boring.

You mean the guy who was the supreme allied Commander that beat the Nazis?

Who beat an even more boring guy, and then lost to a more charismatic guy?

Bush Jr. wasn’t boring. He had a very easy going way about him when speaking. Her never had any trouble connecting with normal folks.

Eisenhower had a little bit of prior fame going for him.

Bush Sr. was annointed by Reagan.

W had folksy charm, and self deprecating humor. And comparing him to Gore or Kerry and thinking he’s more boring?

This.

Nah, it shows we need one that can win.

DDE was maybe the second-dullest candidate of the post-war era.

Hilariously, though, the Democrats found in Adlai Stevenson a guy who made Ike seem like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez by comparison. And ran Stevenson against Ike twice. Like literally Adlai Stevenson was open lengths duller and far less charismatic.

Indeed. For those who are curious;

Back when I used to watch Senate speeches on C-Span (I’ve since recovered) Gore wasn’t boring when debating environmental issues (this before climate change became his cause.) Once he gained VP and the national spotlight he suddenly became wooden. Handlers will probably do that for you.

But I think Democrats should nominate the stupidest candidate they can find though. Americans just LOVE stupid. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence is just too fucking boring.

Kim Kardashian it is! Thank you!

Perfect choice for the 21st century, I agree.

They’re so bad at this.

In the headlines that reveal too much department, from Bloomberg:

What!? Oversight in the hands of people who don’t take money from the overseen? Bunch of commies.

As soon as he joins the Democratic party full time, I would love to see him on stage with other Democrats.

But since he doesn’t want to join the party, I don’t really think he’ll have enough sway to get anything done if he were elected.

Just another glaring example of the Democratic Party tipping the scales in favor of its members. When will they learn that in order to win you need to let non Democrats have more say in what the party does?!