Denzel Washington is THE EQUALIZER

Same here! I’m really looking forward to it.

I still need to give the Queen Latifah Equalizer a chance too, since I love the series and movies so much.

Oh no.

I’m in. These fit a strange spot, almost like Robin Hood does Taken in a way. I love the premise of him righting wrongs and that he’s a certified off grid badass. I’m in!

Is the second movie worth watching? I remember liking the first one, mostly because it utilizes one of the most overlooked action setpieces: department stores :-D

I remember that the trailer for the second movie really turned me off for some reason.

I enjoyed the second movie as much as the first. :)

I loved it. I even liked the Lyft sponsorship. Equalizer going around being a Lyft driver solving people’s problems. More of that please!

I liked it too because it showed Denzel’s character doing a whole bunch of equalizing for different people while the main story happened.

I liked the first a bit better but my wife and I enjoyed both and seem to watch them whenever it shows up on a channel or service we have. Denzel plays really good characters anyway so combined with an unassuming ex-CIA protector of the innocent, yep, it works.

Ok I will have to check it out, thank all of you for the recommandation!

Final Chapter? Noooooooo!

Man, I’m excited to see this but I agree … final chapter?

My driving question is … why Italy? Like we couldn’t continue the stories here in the US? Or was he fleeing the heat from recent stuff, etc? It seems more like he is a fish out of water there. It also makes me want to suspend belief even more to know that he would have much less access to the gadgets and things he uses over there.

I guess we’ll see.

I still need to see the first two movies.

My guess? Denzel and/or Fuqua were like “you want me to make another of these?!? You’re paying for my vacation for a few months in Italy.”

They’re a lot better than most of the “geezer teaser” genre movies. I suspect much of that has to do with Antoine Fuqua being a solid director that isn’t content to just let the marquee name and IP sell the movie.

I can almost buy that as an answer, mostly because it seems so out of place.

Yeah, I’m hoping for a Man on Fire vibe and they look like they fit the bill.

That’s a pretty good description…an older Man on Fire. They are good movies for sure.