Diablo 2: Resurrected will test your resolve to boycott Blizzard

I have a million tabs open all day anyway. So for me it pretty much a ‘wait 2 hours’ button.

It is!

I’d love to hear more of your impressions if you stick with it through act 4, where I ran out of steam on my last run at it.

We’ve talked about it a bit in the Grim Dawn thread as well.

Muting doesn’t affect getting a drop, but muting a channel means the streamer does not get credit for your viewtime (which is a big deal for a streamer) . You can mute the tab in your browser, but actually clicking the mute button on the video nullifies the view with regard to twitch and advertising.

This is an easy skip for me. Loved the game when it came out, but potion chugging face tanking is not what I want from an ARPG anymore.

This is an absolute farce. Clicking on either button to assign your left-click or right-click ability instantly crashes the game for me, without fail.

I haven’t it any bugs. All the gloom in this game is screaming for an OLED. My poor monitor just doesn’t have the black levels needed.

I guess I knew this was a just a straight remake but I am less excited that basically no gameplay is changed. I was hoping it would at least be like a .1 content release. Rebalanced skills, new items, monster tweaks. Maybe a few super end game bosses.

Once we beat Hell, give us a reason to grind for those super rare items!

I haven’t encountered any bugs except for briefly losing connection once. No big deal. But I feel exactly like you @quaro. The nostalgia factor only goes so far. Diablo 2 is a hell of a game but it’s a hell of a 20 year old game, and the ARPG genre has changed since them (I’d like to think for the better). So while it’s polished, it just doesn’t appeal to me like it once did. I thought that’s how I’d feel about it and I’m glad I was able to get into the beta to verify those feelings.

I’m sure a number of people will play and love it, but I have options that I think I’d rather pursue.

I tried it. I have stopped because it was pushing the temperature up with my 3080 to the point of shutdown for no reason. I was able to see it just crawl up just sitting in town with no additional effects/characters.

No bugs, no heating issues with my 3080 here. Try setting max fps to 60.

I was gonna say, sounds like an uncapped framerate to me. You’d think they’d learn after StarCraft II, but I guess if there’s a menu setting maybe they have ;)

Before that, though, I was gonna say, “Ha ha, you’re playing a beta!”

I dunno if I’m going to be all that interested. I mean, probably, but…there’s no way I’m playing with randos, and the stupid design of immunities in Hell means that there’s a very small subset of builds that can progress through the whole game solo. Mostly you end up with some flavor of “just run past the mobs you can’t kill,” which is like the opposite of the point of Diablo.

Yeah I’m playing the current season of D3 and it’s just great. Pushing yourself to higher rifts and struggling to perfect your build is great fun. I’m not sure what D2 offers once you beat it.

Not much compared to D3; Baal runs on hell, the pandemonium event, and killing ubers.

In Diablo 1 and 2 you mostly just play through the game three times. Normal > Nightmare > Hell. Game complete.

IIRC Diablo 3 had similar sequencing upon release before the expansion but it sucked because unlike the previous games, there are too many cutscenes/story event triggers to activate but especially due to Uniques being locked behind the real-money auction house so loot was nothing but trash yellows for days.

The expansion, ditching the auction house, and letting the uniques / rares flow freely fixed many issues but the playthrough sequencing / slow leveling is completely gone. It’s a totally different beast, leveling is lighning fast, as getting to max level is still just the beginning.

Followed by countless Meph and Baal runs!

Right, because clearing Hell required a good build with end-game gear. I don’t think I ever cleared it. Got bogged down in Act II somewhere.

Glad I got to play the beta - after a brief novelty factor, i tired of it pretty quickly. I thought they did a good job with the audio/visuals and environment, but there’s been way too many quality of life changes in the genre since then for me to just forget about.

For me, it’s just going to be a 1 run through and if it peters out on Hell, so be it. I don’t expect it to give me all the things that I’m hoping/expecting from Diablo 4 or a Grim Dawn 2.

God, it would be so much easier to boycott Blizzard if this was actually in the works. Sadly, it looks like what they’re working on next is a city builder.

That’s just Activision doing a bit of crypto-mining to increase shareholder value. It’s in the TOS, people!

(Yes, I am kidding. I think.)

Can you play the Open Beta coop Online?

Re temps, I would suggest capping FPS. In-game if possible, in Nvidia drivers if not. You can set profiles on a per-game basis.