Diablo III

Don’t think you can, can you?

Are you asking me if it’s possible to reforge a sub 70 legendary? I thought it was. If not though that answers my question!

My exhaustive Google research has shown that if you reforge a sub 70 legendary the stats get rerolled but the level does not. So it will still be whatever level it was prior to the reroll. That means you should only be gambling for low level legendary’s if you want to cube them.

I believe that means I’m answering my own question, and the answer is no!

Yeah, I was thinking it had to be 70, but that’s for upgrading rares, not reforging.

I noticed that my Bounty progress goes away each time I stop playing. So I have to start over. So one time, like I said upthread, I finished all the bounties for Act 1, then another time I did Act 1 and 2. Then another time I did Act 3. And last night, I did Act 5, since I had kill Adria and Mathael anyway for Season goals.

Is there a separate reward for logging on for a super long period and doing Act 1,2,3,4,5 bounties in a single session so that they’re all green-tick-marked on the big map screen? Any special rewards or bonuses or chotchkies given away for doing that?

My situation with the experience boost is quite funny now. With Cain’s set, I have such a huge experience boost, so just playing for short periods between watching my 3-month old, I was still able to get to level 66 I believe. However, against bosses like Adria and Mathael, while I do amazing damage, and earn beaucoup experience, my monk also dies with one hit. So after about 6 or 7 deaths from Mathael, I got tired of it, and said, screw this, and switched over to my yellow gear, which gives me “liveability”, i.e, the ability to survive hits. So I was able to easily beat Mathael. And then I switched back to my “experience boost” gear again to be a glass cannon again.

That’s the nature of massively underlevelled gear.

There’s no particular bonus for completing all of the acts in one go. Just make sure you do all the bounties in a given act.

Good plan. You can use the Armory to quickly switch between up to 5 saved layouts of gear and skills.

Though it does sound like you’re at the point where you’re outliving the old gear’s usefulness.

So I noticed the seasons had finally made it to consoles over the weekend while I was working on my necromancer. My eyes kind of glazed over in the past when the PC folks were going on and on (and on) about seasons, is there a tl;dr explanation for why seasons are something I should try?

Basically they give you a list of challenges to finish in order to get a reward. In this case, the rewards are cool sets for your character, and also a new pet, like a little green dragon thing for a pet. So it looks neat. And from what I can tell, your character turns into a normal character once the season is over, so you won’t lose the character after the Season is finished.

Very nicely done! I am convinced, maybe I’ll run a second demon hunter after I get my necro up to 70.

Level 70 is step 2 out of 9 in the journey. ;)

Here’s the tracker for the current season, showing the challenges and rewards. The challenges give you some structure and goals to achieve.

https://d3resource.com/journey/

Those Portrait frames must be amazing rewards for it to be worth doing all those extra things after Chapter IV. Like Michaelangelo-quality level art on those portrait frames.

I think what people really try for is the reward that gives you an extra stash tab. Seasons are nice because they allow you to jumpstart a character by making it fairly easy to get an initial class set.

Well, the console version (which is what @divedivedive asked about) doesn’t have stash tabs, so I doubt we’ll somehow get one as a reward.

Yeah I own D3 on PC but I haven’t really played it since I got the Xbox version.

Heathens!

Oh my god, this graph or whatever it is might have swung the needle back around. I like Diablo 3 because it’s a fairly mindless distraction. Is this going to require, like, thought?

No, there’s an in-game checklist with big grey symbols that turn red once you finish an item on the checklist. It’s all very self-explanatory in the game itself.

Secretly I was really hoping your answer would be:

Michelangelo wishes he could do portrait frames this beautiful.

Let’s see, should I use the gray portrait frame from Season 4 - Champion? Or how about the brownish-gray portrait frame from Season 5 - Champion? Or how about the Gold portrait frame from killing lots of goblins? Eh, let’s go with the Paragon 100 portrait frame - the one with the gray border and the little doohickeys on it.

Decisions decisions

My local NPR station recently ran this story on the radio about Frames, and how we normally forget about the frames:

TLDR: Basically we are good at copying art to look like the original, but we always ignore the frames.

Check out the link and look at some of the beautiful frames. Sometimes it really is worth preserving some frames around art, not just the artwork itself.