Diablo Immortal - Stay awhile and pay on your mobile

Any amount of research at this point would be… interesting from you. I look forward to the report.

Can you though?

Of course I can.
Liking or not liking a game is irrelevant for the capability of objectively rating its qualities. That’s why you can say “I don’t like it, but it is a good game” - or the opposite (I, for example, really like Dungeon Lords, but it is a terrible game in almost every aspect)!
Game mechanics, art, audio, tech, UI, monetization, etc… all of that can be objectively inspected and rated, if you have any knowledge about games.

I wouldn’t do it through a list of 50 mobile games, though. Even I have a limit of how much I can take.

The first step in doing proper research is understanding what you’re researching. Playing and reviewing 50 mobile game is not the kind of research this would require. It might be fun to see how you reviewed them.

Oh. You’re one of those people that don’t understand how reviews work.

And what are you? One of the people who think that reviews are about someone telling if they like a game or not?
That is just mostly useless information (unless you know you have the same/opposing taste as the reviewer, and even then it won’t really tell you if it is a good game). Facts are never useless.

Something I’ve been wondering, are games art?

SidAlpha is YouTube’s biggest Johnny-come-lately. He never met a topic someone else hasn’t done better already.

Some games are certainly con art…

Other than that, sure. They can be, not all of them are, some may just “contain” art. I never found that discussion especially worthwhile or leading anywhere.

Can you guys think of any games with lava levels?

NO NOT POPULOUS

(It’s Doom)

Man, if only there were someone here with experience with game reviews. I bet that person could weigh in. Or, it would be awesome if this forum were part of a site that reviewed games and had a published explanation of how they review stuff.

Ah well. Wishes, horses, etc.

I’m sorry, but experience with game reviews in times where anyone can do them is not THAT convincing.

Also, I’m not here for the reviews, because the style in which this site does the rating (from what I can see) at least… has no value. Who cares if you liked a game? That information is useless.
Reasons are important, facts about the game, does it achieve what it wants to achieve, etc. Those can still be part of your reviews, but they should be the focus. And not what you like or not, because, again, who cares.

…Z-Bone?

This will be fun.

Right? It’s like anyone can have an opinion. Crazy.

But don’t you see? If anyone could review games, then how would we know which ones were Visually Stunning or which ones had a high Fun Factor? We should only review games using OBJECTIVE criteria, like how many pixels it can display (more is better) and how many units of dopamine were released during my time playing it.