Digital Boardgaming opinions?

Right, and that was easy enough to figure out if I scroll or click backwards. But I was trying to make a procedural point that you didn’t mention the name of either game anywhere in what you wrote or quoted. Which is certainly your prerogative, but it’s important in these catch-all threads that you remind people what games/books/movies/TV shows you’re talking about. Because it sure as heck isn’t going to be in the subject header. :)

But I do appreciate your feedback on Shores of Tripoli, even if it was briefly confusing to untangle from that 300 game you linked. I really need to mess around on that Rally the Troops site.

-Tom

So this is out today and it interests me, but I nothing about it. Thoughts & opinions?

I love the physical boardgame version. I had no idea they were going digital- now I’m curious, too!

This does look interesting. Kinda reminds me of Richthofen’s War.

I asked this in the Steam forum but I’ll ask you too. Is there a campaign, or is it just a series of stand alone battles?

In the tabletop version, no campaign. It’s really a minis game (though the original editions were mini-less, with the planes printed on cards), that uses cards with paths on them to move the planes around. Players program three movement cards, and as they are revealed, move their planes accordingly. Each plane has a different move set- some move faster, some are more maneuverable, etc.

Huh. I just noticed in the expanded description it says ‘cross platform dogfights’, so I did a search on the Google Play Store and Lo! it is indeed on Android today, too. $9. So I splurged and grabbed it for my tablet.

EDIT to add: Doesn’t seem to be any campaign. There is solo play, apparently against AI. Dogfights, Bombing Runs, Strafing Runs, and Reconnaissance against ground targets. There’s some Challenge scenarios. And, of course, online play.

I picked it up in spite of the lack of a campaign. Went through the tutorials, read a bit of the manual, and won my first 1 on 1 dogfight, which was over pretty quickly thanks to doing fire damage.

I wonder how long the longer battles last, and if you can save during them. I’ll have to check that out later.

Is online play multi-multiplayer or just 1v1? Part of the fun of the Wings of War games was playing with a bunch of friends at the table.

You can play co-op against the AI, but I don’t know if there’s a player limit

It’s a little early but if you like to have a lock on everything Sentinels of the Multiverse Digital, the Sentinels of Earth Prime expandalone game is finally coming coming to Digital - with the main point already confirmed is that it will interoperate with Sentinels of the Multiverse. Kickstarter with all the details dropping 7/28 (tomorrow), although the only real unknown is the price to get Steam keys and an official timeline for delivery - all the actual decks have been out in the physical world and TTS for months now if you want to check out the cards, but I can’t imagine playing it correctly without the assist from the app.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/handelabra/sentinels-of-earth-prime-digital-tabletop-game

Edit: It’s live! $15 for the base game - they’re aiming for $20k USD initially. There is mention of mini-expansion decks in the stretch goals (which requires the $25 tier with the OST). Release Q1 2023

I bit the bullet in the very expensive Spirit Island app on Android. Includes first promo packs and Branch and Claw.

Great adaptation, and works reasonably well on the small screen. I’m trying to play and win with each spirit as a single, solo mode. It is just great to have the game at my fingertips.

My only issue with the app is that in crushes my processor and thus my battery. Nearly 10% per game.

Just hoping into this thread to say how much I’m enjoying the android version of Railroad Ink.

I’d seen people on my twitter playing the physical version and the digital seems to be very suited to the daily challenge.

That’s up on Steam for about $6. I think you just convinced me to pull the trigger.

It was about £3 on my phone and I’ve easily got value out of it.

This looks great! Any idea how much the forest and desert expansions add?

I’ve only had a taste through the daily challenges. Can’t really judge

Tom Brewster has you covered. Reviewing ALL 28 Railroad Ink Expansions! - YouTube

Thats’s…a lot of expansions

Not surprised that forests higher rates than desert, it feels like it’d make a more interesting game without the restrictions/risk of desert