Din's Curse... or you wanted a Soldak Thread

I still think he should call it Din’s Children. :|

Din’s Kin has to be it’s name, clearly.

Or Din’s Curse 2: Kin Full of Win for Din.

Oh man that’s good.

The first one, I mean. Din’s Kin is pretty excellent.

Din’s Kin made me literally lol. :)

I am BEYOND thrilled to hear that. :)

“Din’s Legacy” would speak to both the sequel-ish nature of it and the theme of the game (evolving generational characters).

So, with Din’s Curse on sale, a few of us going to try some multiplayer games today and tomorrow, if anyone is interested.

That was fun guys, thanks for the game @BrianRubin @Otthegreat @legowarrior

Yay! Now y’all need to get Drox Operative! ;)

More info on Din’s Legacy has come out in an email newsletter Soldak sent out this morning.

I’d make a thread for the new game, but there aren’t any screenshots or anything yet, and I’m writing this on my phone anyway:

Features

Experience your character mutating over time for good and bad

Guide your character’s evolution (choosing/improving skills, suppressing unwanted mutations, etc)

Use mutation points to mutate your character towards another character or sub-class

Uniquely created worlds for every game, with different scenario, win/lose conditions, areas, monsters, items, and quests, give the player a new experience every time

Explore a dynamic, evolving, living world

Your choices truly impact the game

Co-op multiplayer to adventure with friends

Din’s Legacy is scheduled to be released in the 4th quarter of 2018, however it will be released when it’s done. We are planning on some kind of Early Access in the near future though if you want to get in early!

Day one purchase. No question.

I wish I had played more Din’s Curse coop and will definitely be playing the new one

Ohhh that all sounds delicious.

(Scratches head) … how much can Mr. P squeeze out of this particular formula?

I read down that feature list nodding saying “check”, “check”.

Day 1

Some new stuff on Din’s Legacy:

We are hoping to get Din’s Legacy into Early Access sometime in September, but in the meantime we’ve recently released several screenshots at Din's Legacy screenshots and a trailer at Din's Legacy movies

Thanks for your interest in Soldak,
Steven and the Soldak Team

I finally watched that trailer. OMG I needs it.

That looks pretty great, and I’m sure I’ll pick it up, but I kind of wish it was Drox Legacy instead. Soldak’s formula just felt better to me in a sci fi setting - I think it’s the lack of need to make a sword convincingly interact with a melee target as much as anything.

Hopefully that’ll be next. ;)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/911550/Dins_Legacy/