Dishonored 2 - Nov 2016

Yep, they’re scumbags alright. It’s a pity they produce such great games!

Ok now that really was redundant use of italicisation.

I love italics, cholo.

I did, too. But now I feel kind of torn on how I approach the second game (which I have preordered but probably won’t get to play a day early because I ordered a physical cop). I recently listened to the Crate and Crowbar podcasts in which one of the participants explained how many beautiful and well executed elements of the design only become apparent when you wade into melee combat. I guess this time invites two playthroughs, and I could play one Clean and one Chaotic.

I don’t really see them as scumbags. Then again, I pre-ordered. :)

Live-action theater presents:

https://youtu.be/-2JvtKTSWxU

Saw a 30s commercial of this during the Pats game and it looked terrible. The full 2-minute version is much better.

I thought Uwe Boll retired? Dishonored’s CGI reveal and drunken whaler gameplay debut were both top-tier trailers. So far, I haven’t found the sequels previews to be particularly exciting, despite the innate appeal of new a protagonist, powers and setting.

lolwut this trailer was shot in Žatec, town in my country…and Corvo is played by a local musician/tv presenter. Cool how close they made him look to Corvo.

Received a heads up from Amazon yesterday that my physical pre-order will now arrive Nov. 10. Ostensibly to match the digital pre-order release a day early. I didn’t expect that but it’s a nice gesture.

AMA going on over on Reddit.

I pre-ordered over on Amazon today.

I like the newest trailer, also they changed the actor who voice The Outsider!

I went to confirm my suspicions and it was indeed Robin Lord Taylor!

I saw the rest of the voice cast list, very impressive.

Preload on steam is go go go!

Yep, 32 gig download! Can’t wait!

Got my key from cdkeys. Haven’t put it in, yet

Launch trailer!

People playing in NZ and Aus are reporting the PC port performs and controls poorly, with excessive mouse acceleration/smoothing being singled out. Modified id tech 5.

Facing towards the back of the throne room I get a solid 60fps, but after turning 180 degrees it drops to 32. Going back to the door through which I first entered the room it drops even further to 18 fps. Keep in mind this is all on the lowest possible settings at 1080p. I figured it was perhaps a driver issue. So I did a clean uninstall and then installed the drivers Bethesda specifically recommend for AMD cards. Frame rates were exactly the same in those particular areas of the throne room. I then considered that perhaps this was an isolated incident, it was early on in the game after all, perhaps it’ll even out from here on. Unfortunately this is not the case. Any time I faced a particular open area, as you can see from the following screens, the frame rate tanked. Now bear in mind not all of the below shots are on the lowest of low settings (I turned some of them back up after testing the throne room) but to be honest with such weirdly specific and enormous dips, I don’t think it’s got much to do with settings.

9GB day one patch on console.

Disappointing, but very possibly the day one patch (which was referenced in a few threads on Steam so I don’t believe it’s console only) addresses a lot of the performance issues.

If nothing else, it helps me decide to play Tyranny first. ;)

Using an AMD card I see, no wonder it runs like crap. This game is running on a modified ID tech 5 engine according to Wikipedia.

FYI. Steam vpn to Australia trick works on this. Unpacking now.