Disney's The Haunted Mansion starring

Because Mr. K seems to have a bizarre psychological need to contribute to every thread no matter how insignificant or useless said contribution may be?

It was perfectly civil until you chimed in, Cap’n.

Only you could come to that conclusion, don’t you ever get tired of being wrong?

Edit: No you know what, I’m now convinced that you’re a troll Jason. Not a SINGLE person can be as stunningly Liberal as you are.
Right to the point of self parody. Just like a liberal, it’s MY fault the thread derailed, hell I had to go and post on the topic, Met K couldn’t help but respond, Christ I was asking for it by dressing in such a provocative manner. If I didn’t want it I wouldn’t have ordered the expensive steak.

You’re a troll, I’m calling it right now.

If you’re wondering why the thread turned into a name calling contest, CC, why don’t you scroll up to where you posted and called me ‘Whitey McWhite’. At which point, Met_K was perfectly justified pointing out that ‘you’re a fucking idiot’. Why don’t you go away and leave the adults to their discussion.

BTW, Jason, that New Republic article you linked, which I would have been interested in seeing, required some sort of subsciption. Bleh.

-Tom

“I don’t offend very easily”
Liar.

So two words, one of which doesn’t exist (and the other’s existance being questionable), is enough to invalidate my entire point and render everything and anything I’ve ever said throughout perpetuity moot?
Hey that’s just fine, if that’s how you feel then ok, and if ‘Whitey McWhite’ is the worst thing you’ve ever been called than for God’s sake don’t turn on your TV or leave your protective bubble, your eyes may burst from their sockets and your eardrums may implode you fragile little sparrow you.
Alls I know is that no one has rebutted my statements yet, so I feel like I made a good point that stands.

I can’t find that Caltrops thread at the moment where they boggle over our non-banning of their nemesis, POE’s The Janitor.

Here’s a copy of the TNR article outside the pay wall.

Well, be fair, Tom. You are pretty pale. Although the one time we met, you were a bit red, what with the free alcohol. Not as glow-in-the-dark-neon-ruddy-red as Mark was after a few heinikans, but still, reddish!

That’s funny Jason, cause I can find 2,899 post where you prove yourself incredibly stupid and reveal your troll upbringing. Also, not coincidently, 2,899 posts calling you an r-tard right after those posts of yours.

Bottom line: you have to be a completely new person to the forum to not expect some sort of juvenile Simpsons rip-off insult in every one of my posts. And if that still hurts your pwecious feewings then so be it, get over yourself is all I can say to that. Tom knows this, and he also knows I don’t really mean it as an insult. But you’re a troll so every chance to troll has to be brought up.

I also have no problem at all with being disagreed with, but Met K made no disagreement, just said something stupid and moved on, like a child pissing in your pool because he’s too lazy to go into the house.

Jason, great article. It does a good job of articulating why I was so uncomfortable with Rush Hour (although I haven’t seen any of Chris Rock’s stand-up routines).

“Hip-hop and coon comedy both commodify black stereotypes and pass them off as an expression of racial authenticity…[Chris Tucker and Chris Rock] possess real power in Hollywood, and they choose to squander that power by churning out retrograde trash. Their highly stylized and reactionary work obscures the rich and varied truth about black life in America today.”

-Tom

Whatever. I don’t think it’s coincidental that every post you make to this board is highly likely to be part of a flamefest.

Googling for that article got me a whole bunch of citations on african-american studies syllabuses. Go figure.

The irony is that I have never heard white life in America today called rich and varied. Must be an extension of the Magical Negro.

They are so cool that they are Rich and Varied!

Whoa.

ARISE!

Time for a reboot!

I suspect the Muppets version will remain the best version.

I didn’t really care for that, it was pretty weak as far as The Muppets go. But that doesn’t mean you’re wrong!

There was Haunted Mansion movie starring Eddie Murphy? Why is this the first I’m hearing of this?

Edit: Oh, this is why. Ouch.

I drifted in and out of that one while my wife watched it last fall, but I really liked what I saw. Latter day Muppets brought their patented anarchy to a big spooky house, and wackiness ensued.

I’d still like to see a Space Mountain movie, but since Disney has Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy properties to exploit and the Tomorrowland movie was a flop, that probably won’t happen in the next two decades.

And I bet it will be on Disney Plus just before Halloween!

I liked how it emphasizes the New Orleans setting right next to Rivers Of America down there in Frontierland. It looked pretty spooky for a kids movie, maybe too spooky. Maybe it’s for grown-ups instead? (The ride scared the beejeebers out of me back in the day; I needed an hour or so of Tom Sawyer Island to recuperate. Also, where’s the white-knuckled live action Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride movie?)