Dodgeball

I seem to recall this movie better when it was called Mystery Men.

Wit this and Extreme Dodgeball on the Gameshow Network, it would seem the perfect time to finally get this out of the door:

Alas, I fear she may be dead, Jim.

Saw this on DVD. God Damn It I laughed my ass off for hours. So many great lines, setups and some outrageously well-done physical comedy!

“She’s gotta be a lesbian…”
“C’mon… she’s no lesbian.”
“All I know is that dyke can play!”

–Dave

Just saw it on DVD and it was much funnier than I expected. Best joke, paraphrased:

“I’m being told that Average Joe’s does not have enough players and will be forfeiting the championship match.”
“It’s a bold strategy, Cotton. Let’s see if it pays off for 'em.”

The two announcers were actually the funniest thing in the movie.

I thought it was ok. There were a few laughs, but they were offset by a number of failed jokes. I like Vince Vaughn and Rip Torn so they helped. Ben Stiller had a few good moments. The movie really needed a sharper script, though. The talent wasn’t used well.

I just saw it as well. Loved it. I also loved how two guys from Office Space were in it. Great film.

I thought to myself, “wow, a Desslock post, he’s back!”, and then I remembered this was an old thread.

The part where stiller got caught jerking off to foodTV almost had me in tears laughing.