Does everyone hate The Big Bang Theory?

Hey I dunno man, I just went based on what you wrote up there, but yeah, we cool. :)

Love the Big Bang Theory. It’s just too much fun.

Where’s the feels for Joanie Loves Chachi!

Oh wait, we were talking about spin offs that made it big… never mind.

My wife loves the show. I started out hating it. Now I have gotten to the point where I am able to tune out all the “lol nerds say silly things and are interested in silly things, nerds are sooooooooooo wacky” parts of it. The characters and their interactions with each other can produce enough entertainment for me to not want to punch the tv. How’s that for a billboard quote?

I thought Norman Lear had killed off the laugh track. Why did that talentless hack Lorre revive it?

I can live with the lazy “nerds lol” humour. I just can’t stand that Chuck Lorre comedy formula. Or it’s UK equivalent, for that matter, which is equally bafflingly popular.

Before I clicked on the link, I was thinking, “Why give Jim Parsons his own show? BBT is practically ‘The Sheldon Cooper Show’ as it is.” Looks like they’re talking about a younger version though, so probably all-new cast.

And yeah, I’ve been watching the show fairly regularly for the past 4-5 years. I consider it a comedy about smart people, but not a smart comedy. My family thought it was a riot for a long time, though I think they’re finally cooling on the show.

Christ. I can’t think of a less interesting thing to spin off.

If I want a smart comedy about nerds I’ll stick to Silicon Valley, thank you very much.

Man, harsh crowd here.

Silicon Valley is an amazing show, but I still watch TBBT.

The IT Crowd. I don’t know how any show could ever match the hilarity contained within.

I just started watching this show from the beginning, watched an episode here and there since its begun. But now it might be over, read on news season 10 might be last.

Anyway, the show is hilarious and the cast has a good chemistry. I’m only on season 2… but so far the characters are charming. the ‘nerd’ culture references are ALOT sharper than I thought they would be. I kind of like this better than similar shows like Friends and How I Met your Mother, at least so far thru season 2.

I am a few seasons behind, I recall Sheldon going on a train trip, I think that was season 7. I enjoyed the show as something to watch while working out on the treadmill.

I actually enjoyed the show for a long time. But it really became so formulaic after Leonard and Penny finally started dating I lost interest. I have the last two years sitting on my DVR unwatched… If I get REALLY bored this summer…

That BBT-with-no-laugh-track clip is pretty great, though.

I think you mean Leonard and Penny. And yeah, I still watch it. It’s still as stupid as hell, but it’s a totally innocuous 22 minutes (yeah, I skip the ads) that my wife and I mostly chat through, if only for the one or two quips that make me laugh.

Yep, fixed, thanks! I meant Leonard.

I don’t hate it or anything, I just have more TV on my DVR than time to watch it (still only seen the first season of Game of Thrones :-), and I just haven’t been interested enough to go back.

I think part of the issue is that Sheldon turned into a parody of himself. Went from quirky to a cartoon character.

We still watch it, but since everyone has paired off the show has become much more formulaic. Also, 10 years of the same jokes starts to get a little old. But…there are still a few good laughs in every show.

I’d say probably the first three seasons were quite fun to watch. We still watch it as my wife still likes the show, but the show is past its best before date. I would venture to say that they hit their pinnacle with the episode where they managed to match Sheldon on a dating site to Amy Farrah Fowler.

Yeah, it’s kind of followed the same arc as “Friends” and seems to be in the same place after about the same amount of time.

Yesterday, seeing that there was a “new” episode on the DVR (that turned out to be a repeat), my wife commented that she’s gotten a bit bored with the show and suggested that we watch something else. That’s pretty much the kiss of death in my house.