Does Starcraft II really need Heart of the Swarm?

Your review actually being taking in account on Gamerankings is the shame of all shames...
Disgusting.... just disgusting..... Seriously....

This is the first review I've read on this website, and it ensured I will never return. Why didn't you just author an anti-Activision compendium and start recruiting for a big business takeover? This review read like a forum post over at the Call of Duty website. Totally asinine.

where you playing the same game like the rest of us ?:)), this shouldn't be considered a review "just a rant because you don't like Activision", and why are you speaking about Call of Duty in a Starcraft review ?

Tom Chick you are human dogshit.

2/5?

Eat a bag of dicks.

These were added for HOTS, they were added to WoL before when they updated the the game ready for HOTS. You really know nothing, no wonder you are on this website. Doesnt surprise me you used to work at gameshark....

Okay... you start the review with a straight up lie, 7 units??? Zergling, Baneling, Roach, Hydralisk, Swarm Host, Mutalisk, Broodlord, Viper, Aberration, Kerragin, Primal Zergling, Primal Guardian, Primal Hydralisk, Primal Roack, Drone, Spine Crawler, Spore Crawler, Infestor, Infested Terran, The Hyperion, Scourge, Queen, Roachling, Broodling, Ultralisk, and anything your infestors take over. I count 25+. NOT 7.

Dustin Browder stated in an interview that about half the people who got Wings of Liberty never touched the multiplayer. I suspect that's a better ratio than for most games.

HoTS improves the multiplayer experience for less hardcore players a lot. I wish the review had touched on that. There are excellent training modes, a possibility to play against AI so that you get gradually better opponents (an experience a bit similar to the multiplayer ladder) and the whole new leveling and rewards system to name the ones I could remember right now.

As someone who follows the professional tournaments I'm pretty happy with the changes they made for the multiplayer as well. There were some big issues they fixed - for example PvZ always becoming a broodlord infestor vs. the archon toilet contest in the late game - with high-level multiplayer in WoL. On top of that even with this number of units and the numerous changes it's just a completely new game, one that seems like it possibly rewards the insane micro skills of top level players more than before.

Swarm of Bee's? I approve!

But, as expected, you weren't up for the challenge. You seem to be quite happy with sufficing your standards on a second grade english level. What ever such a level may convey for you.

I do wonder what your real problem may be, but in the end ... it's just your problem, not mine. Have phun. (Oh bugger, that's wrong right? The all-embracing question is: can you handle it? My vote goes to: never)

I'm waiting until Blizzard finishes StarCraft 2 and puts all three installments into a single box with a reasonable price tag before I'll even consider buying it.

Untrue. There are categories like graphics, gameplay, control, replay value, etc. that are all objective when reviewing a game.

All of Tom's review are absolute bullshit. No exception.

A large sum of money? HotS costs 40 bucks and you could spend that much in one evening at a freaking arcade and I don't see anyone complaining about the lack of value there.

Any game capable of being enjoyable for at least few days is worth this price. Every installment and expansion for StarCraft has always been enjoyable for far longer than this for people who like RTS games. Is it enjoyable this long for everyone? No, because some people don't like these types of games, but just because a game isn't for everyone doesn't determine it's quality either because if that were the case then nothing would get a good review.

Also, if you really think about it, we're talking about the Zerg here. Are people really expecting Shakespeare quality storytelling from a race that predominantly can't even utter more than squeals and roars and are portrayed as a race that mostly just follows it's leader's will?

Here's the problem. (And it's a big one.) This so-called critic could have just as easily bashed this game for the storytelling if the storytelling was Shakespeare quality and saying what I just said about it not befitting the Zerg race and given it the exact same review score and likely gotten away with it.

There are 58 critic reviews on metacritic at the time of me writing this, and not ONE is even a middle of the road yellow review and this is STILL the ONLY review that is in the red.

The writing is on the wall and all I'm hoping to do by taking the time to write all this is to hopefully make it blatantly obvious that this review was not an honest one and was for the sheer purpose of generating website traffic by being the rotten apple.

The same guy who wrote this review used to work elsewhere and gave Wing of Liberty the lowest score too. My guess is he saw how much attention a 75/100 got and is trying to bank as much as he can on a 40. It's disgusting.

My review of Starcraft II: Heart of Stone

Had to wait 2 and a half years for "Part 2" after being promised a new part every 6 months.

0/5 stars

Thank you.

A mediocre review. Some points hold true, but I'd the author considers himself not very skillful at the game, why is he criticizing the strategic and tactical choices afforded to the player. The only legitimate points I think the author made was involving the story. Yes, it was cliche, but it was a cliche that was well executed.

Bad reviewer ,bad site ,stupid and awfull lack of vision .

I would write a long, detailed post about why this guy is wrong, but I really cannot be bothered because someone else has already done it.

Ignore the review, it's 100% bullshit and the guy that wrote it is a moron.

op is a fag

sorry i didn't bother read this and i think it's so good.Only 1 problem this is so short. I want to play champaign week to week

Why get some bronze to do a review?...

I'd say that i can not agree on any point that you have made ... I am not a starcraft fanboy nor will I be but I enjoy a casual game or 2 now and again - this review is bullshit in my opinion.