Doesn't Hand of Fate 2 deserve its own thread? Probably!

Was hoping to see this on sale at PS4 or Steam but not this season apparently.

It appears to be 33% off the 2018 winter Steam sale; I’m not sure if I’ll jump at that discount, but I’m considering it.

It is? Wonder why I’m not seeing that.

The store is getting hammered. If you’re using Chrome, try CTRL+F5 on the HoF2 product page.

I’m jumping on it this sale. Can’t wait.

I’m still very back and forth with this game, but can anyone give me an idea of what the DLC entails?

Someone has to buy it! That way it ends up in the next Humble monthly. :D

Two of them are 1 extra challenge + a new companion with a quest chain you need to do after unlocking them to power them up. The cheap one is just a new companion. There’s also some assorted extra gear and encounter cards in each.

Thanks, but I don’t have a clear sense of what a “challenge” is in this context?

It’s basically a complete “run” with a specific story and mission goal. A successful run of a late-game challenge is usually around an hour or so I think?

So basically like the campaign missions?

Yes. I’d say that at full price they’re a little steep, but on sale it’s a good deal.

Thanks for the details, I’d agree with that assessment based on what you’ve said.

Yeah, each of the two bigger packs is one mission (like “the Magician” or “the Hierophant”) and one new companion each, plus some assorted equipment/encounters.

I think they’re both some of the more interesting missions, but also some of the hardest.

Light spoiler about what they are: One if a low resource scenario where you have to know which cards on the board to avoid and the other one asks you to give away hundreds of HP to a demonic being. The second one also has an extra hard Brimstone version that asks even more of you and is the game’s hardest mission.

Just wanted to chime in on how incredible this game is. It’s like they took everything good about the first one and amplified it, or at least that’s how it seems so far.

Can anyone give me some general tips on this game? Like in combat, I don’t know what the colors that pop up mean. There’s a green color that flashes when enemies are about to do a strike. What is that? Is it generally better to evade or block? Is the game better with gamepad or mouse/keyboard?

Thanks!

Also, do you lose everything you found if you die trying to complete a level?

Green is block, red is evade. I recommend a gamepad. If you die, you lose the stuff on your character; the persistent part is the tokens from completing cards and challenges. Some of the tokens will give your character new starting equipment, though.

Green is block, red is evade, but since they reworked combat, you can also dodge out of green attacks. Blocking lets you riposte, though, which is tricky, you have to press attack button right after blocking very quickly.

I assume the game is a lot easier with a gamepad. Haven’t tried it any other way.

Technically, you “lose everything” every time you finish a level, win or lose. The progress is more in the cards you earn rather than the character itself.

Other tips:

• Axes are the best weapons, I’d say.
  • Your starting companion’s ability to let you receive a free hit is excellent and very beginner-friendly
  • Don’t forget that making camp usually lets you buy stuff.

EDIT: Damn it!

Thank you so much! I will switch to gamepad.

Let me know how it goes or if you need more tips!

I mean, I could say more, but it’s not too hard to come up with your own strategies, and that’s half the fun really.