Dominions 3 game: Quartertodawn

pretty sure it’s LA Ermor which is all about zombies and undeads
what does FAM mean?

F***ing Air Magic.

In the mid section of the game air magic is tremendously powerful. The only real counters against lightning are…in air magic. Nations without air magic, are very vulnerable to it.

Ah yes you are right, I completely forgot about the ages when I was looking them up. Just clicked on the first ‘Ermor’ I saw…

I predict great things for me in this game :)

Ooh OOhh AHH AHHHH! Think i’m going to need at least one of my researchers to be named Dr. Zaius.

Oh… Tritons… confused

Cue unsolicited advice.

Oceania is in a unique position in this game, as the only underwater nation. This is really great defensively, as you are unlikely to be under threat for a long time (unless dfs takes that big fat snake pretender he likes so much, in that case watch out). Chances are noone can challenge you for control of the Western sea.

The problem is that the ocean you start in isn’t really big enough for building up in and Oceania has a heck of a time getting up on land until late in the game. You’ll want your pretender to address that weakness or have a way of getting into the ocean on the other side of the map.

I’ve never played an underwater nation myself, but think the gameplay is very different from a land nation.

Yes! C’tis!!! My failure with them in my very first game will be fixed!!! Im assuming early is kinda like mid- but I look forward to playing with them. This is a very exciting game!

Thanks, i’ve been trying them out on a SP game, still struggling with the interface sometimes and the whole dominion/magic path research thingie but I’ll get there… if not at least you have another player to squash.

Game created on llamaserver: http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Quartertodawn

If you submit your pretender, please post a note here. Also please pm me an email address you can be reached at.

Great worm with a very high dominion.

It can tank SC during the first year taking out most (not all) indy provinces.
It can go underwater. If you’re underwater it can go on land.
It leaves you with decent, but not great scales.
The high dominion will help you all game.
The snake remains a nice unit, but isn’t really a game changing unit.

If you use him, he’ll get you off to a good start, but you have to make your end game up with your national units.

Looked into Marverni. Seems interesting, but I dread the idea of having my best mages being old in yet another game. Guess I’m sticking with Ulm.

Don’t even think about putting your scaly feet on MY coasts fishboy !
On the other hand, I heard the southern realm of Sauromatia likes visitors

After looking at it…I’m relieved. That’s a tough starting spot.

I’d love to hear how this goes if anyone cares to post an AAR or something. Always curious about how the map plays out.

I probably will post an AAR one way or another. What sort of feedback have you gotten on how it plays? If I remember correctly from the time I went through the whole old Dom 3 thread, Agartha won a game that was played on it a couple of years ago.

On my single player game, using a statue as my physical form waits for laughter and pumping water magic I actually rode the waves controlling all water regions and squashed the under dwelling Agarthans under my webbed feet… only to have them cry for blood after the death of their god and wiping out my weakling mermages and their armies…

And I can’t read “mermage” or “merman” without hearing in my mind Derek Zoolander saying “MERMAAAANNN!”.

Well, the map’s not supposed to be balanced, so I just end up being curious about how accurate my initial assessments of difficulty for the different starting positions were, and how players deal with it. So far people have pretty much agreed with the difficulty ratings that I included with the map file.

And yeah, if I remember right Agartha won that one Qt3 game.

pretender submitted

Come ashore by mavarni. We love sushi.

Not too sure about this yet Scribble, but I might not have the funds to get into this game at the moment. Right now it’s 50/50 whether I’ll have the game by Tuesday so it might be a n idea to start looking for a replacement.

Then again I might be alright, it all depends on when a check decides to clear for me.