Dominions 3: Unofficial All-Purpose Megathread

As promised I crossed a border.

Your size is such that you are easily the most terrifying nation left. I believe the world has united against a common enemy, but then that doesn’t mean it’s true.

I would have tried to negotiate, but I don’t see how that could have succeeded. Even if you had granted us your above land holdings, your research and gem lead put you over the top. I’m not waiting 30 turns to see you blast us with wishes.

You’ve grown to the size that even Marignon and Ermor have put aside our traditional squables to try and contain you. The whole world resists you.

(And you’ve still got an excellent shot at winning. We will see what the future brings. Just be aware that we won’t be sending you any more living emissaries.)

There are random events that can give a hill fort (“A local lord has built a fortress to defend his lands from revolting peasants.”) and a fortified city (“The construction of a new ring wall to defend a major city is complete. People from near and far are gathering to seek comfort and commerce in the city. Tax revenues have been permanently increased by 40 pounds of gold.”). There is only one discover-without-searching magic site that grants a fort, if I’m reading this right, and that’s the City of Dates.

Newbies & Sharks: I welcome the challenge… But you are a sneaky little wank!

Foss: That was just a practice fort that I built. I’m going to tear it down.

Damn, dfs… that was some serious betrayal. And I don’t understand how Mark’s army grew suddenly from 200 units to 400. Can’t watch turn now – I is works!

Thanks. I don’t think it will be enough.

Then we’d better give in! (Just trying to make you laugh again.)

BTW, a little tidbit: I rushed to Construction 8 (after piddling around a little with some other site-searching research) because I was just plain excited to get there first… and when I got there, it was like I arrived two hours late at Walmart on Black Friday. The Sceptre of Dark Regency is gone, as is the Chalice. Not that I could have easily forged either one, but I wanted to have the chance!

Just something to chew on.

I did make the Winter Bringer as a sort of consolation prize.

Now THAT is a brilliant little post. Lots to chew on there. Well played sir.

Y’all know for sure that I am not at construction 8. Look at the graphs. I’m well behind everybody. I don’t think either Marignon or Bandar has the native paths to get either of those artifacts. It’s not in Marignon’s bless…How about it Nate?

The chalice is very easy for Bandar to forge with native paths (3N/3S is a very common rishi recruit). The sceptre is harder. BTW, I don’t see how you can spot a death bless through combat troops. You have to see a pretender.

FOSS/ESPO NOTICE
I’m going on a minivacation this weekend and will take Espo off timer for the weekend and also request a delay for Foss. If it hosts by early am EST, I can get a turn in otherwise it will have to wait till monday night!

Damn you for not building your PD first time round. My scout got to the province and it showed up as undefended. I knew it was a bad idea, but I just couldn’t help myself ;)

Thank heavens I researched a half-decent spell, otherwise you might have taken it. I rebuke you, evil giants!

Well then, I hope that whoever made the Chalice did NOT make the Sceptre!

Dave, did you make any Clams? If you made any Clams, even ONE, then you have nothing to worry about. LIMITLESS SUPPLY OF ASTRAL PEARLS

Yeah baby, I got clams all up in this beeyotch.

If the combat troops are are sacred and blessed, you can click on the lit candelabra icon to see the exact bless effects.

I almost missed this. Foss people, please be sure to email or PM me for delays/issues.

I’ll push back the hosting for the next turn.

I figure it’s you, dfs. You must’ve gone straight construction. You heading for tarts?

The humble monkeys of Bandar Log are preparing for a different kind of war.

We’re Ermor. We do not even have construction 7 yet, guys. Most of my mages are still summoning horsemen.

Enjoy your vacation! While you are away, we will be planning a special reception for all the poo-flinging monkeys currently vacationing in Shinuyama.

We are starting into travel-delay season. I will be away for a just over a week starting next Thursday (the 16th). I should have a computer and at least sporadic internet. What I won’t have is time on any predictable schedule, so I will be asking to have the timer taken off then. And it will be the same drill again for 2 weeks in July. As far as I know, I don’t have any other major travel the rest of the summer.