Dominions 5 - There is no I in team, but there is in Disciple

Got to roll with your strength. Also, I took an income penalty on most provinces, where as Hinnom and Ur to a lesser one.

But Heat 3 was worth it for my Magma Children.

A little echo of our game: https://youtu.be/LNACVnStMTQ?t=1317

Nice. Thanks for that.
I’m only on episode 3 or 4. Need to catch up.

So i was thinking of starting a game…so stick your hand up if you’re interested.

Rules (very nebulous, feel free to chime in about if you like/dont like/interested/not) and i’m happy to shift goalposts, particularly for better ideas:

Diplo: i’m thinking of trying a duo-system with diplo: in-game can be anything via the in-game messenger, but the only thing allowed out of game would be publicly visible forum posts.

My reasoning: as any who have played with/against/unbearably close to, me can attest, i don’t really like the “immediacy” of forum pms for messenging. However, that said, i really do enjoy forum banter. What i’m thinking with this is allowing for any kind of public forum banter/chatting etc, but also allowing for a more slow-roll kinda backchannel if you do favor privacy. I dunno, i think it’s interesting.

era: early maybe
magic: super abundant
gold: less abundant

Um, this is starting to sound like wilde ryde…(shush you)

Mods: none, though i may be open to worthy heroes or maybe a pretender mod

nation selection: so this is what got me jonesing for this a bit. lets rank the players from least-most experienced at start(everyone votes, from 1-x with 1 being most experienced, x being least, whoever has the highest score is least experienced and we move down from there). Least experienced person picks first their nation. Then they select 3 nations that the next least experienced person has to pick from. That person then selects 3 nations that the next least experienced person has to pick from(and so on). Any person that has picked can weigh in and offer suggestions, but only the person picking has the right to chose the 3 that the next person has to pick from. So, in this manner, the most experienced person is going to get the hardest path. I think there should be some criteria in there too, like no more than 1 of the choices can be a water nation, and at least one has to differ in temperature from the other two. The thought isn’t necessarily to bone the next player, but to maybe take them out of their element a bit. Also, maybe I’m looking to chose who @Akaoni plays. i dunno. Maybe.

Timeframe: probably start up mid-august

other settings…open to suggestions

So I have a laptop now, and it’s definitely capable of running Dominions. I’m also going back to study, but I reckon I can devote some time to getting turns in daily. Even better, no more night shifts as a convenient excuse for making stupid errors. Oh, I’ll still do the stupid errors of course.

Yep, if it’s EA and like Wyld Ryde, I’m in. One of my favourite game settings.

Worthy Heroes is good.

CBM, I don’t really care much for one way or another. I can definitely live without it because it means I don’t have to remember to load the mod in the inspector.

Nation selection looks good in theory, but not sure about individually ranking players. I do like limited pool to select from for each player. I wonder if it is easier to just have each player create a limited (distinct) pool to choose from, and have each player then be randomly allocated to a different pool? There’s 33 nations, so max of 11 players.

It’s your game, I’m just happy to put my hand up and say I’m in.

as long as we get AARs like @Valambrian !

I am still out of pocket, but intrigued by @pyrhic choosing 3 factions to choose from. Lets see, EA Ryleh, that’s probably something I should look at now, given that’s probably the first pick on the list.

Awesome that @Strato is able to find time for this.
I haven’t really looked at anything Dom related in quite some time, so have no opinion on mods. And my poor brain cannot remember the Wylde Ryde settings. But forum propaganda -ahem, serious discourse, I can always come up with.

i’m in, if there’s a spot

Wyld ride pushed the emphasis on gems and magic. You had little to no gold or resources (they were set to 50%) with the idea being that magic and mages were vital. It did mean early game was more difficult, a bad fight could set a player back, and choices had to be made between recruiting units or recruiting mages.

It was a game style more exciting in the early age with the potent mages available, but in late age, I think a number of reasons contributed to a weird cold war stalemate.

Also pyrhic, is it worth having cataclysm mode enabled?

I’m willing, although as potentially the least experienced I don’t know how good a first natiin pick will be for me, since I don’t have the experience to know what a good pick would be.

Born to be wild thread created

After Balance I would strongly encourage anybody starting a game to go ahead and enable cataclysm mode. Yes, the whole idea is the game shouldn’t get to that point.