Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith

Yeah I’m keen.

So, two water nations?

Honestly, i’m fine with whatever - pick whichever map interests you the most

Okay, well 3 players so far. Let’s see if we can get 6, and we will start next week. I think I have a map in mind, but I am away from my computer. I will post it tomorrow (or tonight even). Something with a good lake in it.

Damn it, now I don’t even know which nation I want to play.

I wish the Morgan’s weren’t so overpriced.

i’m in :)

Evil undead nations offlimits? yes/no?

I am in.

I am likely in as well.

Sorry for the delay. I was waiting for a new version of the Mod and needed a bit of a break.

So, I think we will do something a bit basic. Some sort of 8 player map should suffice with 9 level 1 thrones (6 to win). Default settings. Nothing is off the table, although I would never recommend cancer nations.

The mod is a balance mod, so beware. Most monster pretenders have slight nerfs, most Titans are cheaper, and expect weak nations to be made stronger and strong nations a bit weaker. That includes our two new nations. But, all in all, it’s a good job.

I don’t know what I want to play yet. Probably Man or Shinu, but Machaka got some buffs in the mod as well. It’s all up in the air.

Look for the game info in the MP thread tonight or tomorrow morning. Since it is a mod, I guess we can start sometime next week, so that people can play with pretender design a bit, if nothing else.

Sounds good. I will have to set up the mod and look around some.

I would like this weekend and next weekend to formulate a plan and test a bit and should be ready to submit a pretender on Jan 6th. Post map here when ready so I can test on it a bit this weekend.

Also, when you make the game, list the final rev of the mod we need (in case it has changed).

I will do. I want everyone to get some time with it, because although it doesn’t make any huge changes like DE, those changes might still have an impact.

The best changes are to LA Jomon. They get a few shark warriors as an event around 6 months. Or a year.

I would like to try Abysia!

What are the changes? I didn’t look closely at them.

I am still reading up on them, but just decided to try them anyway. Here are a few, though:

Abysia

Same protection buffs as EA
Lava Warrior loses bad formation fighter
Humanbred costs 13 & 14->12
Contact Scorpion Man Conjuration 8->7, 12->7 gems, strength 14->16
Inner Furnace now 15 AN Fire damage to your army but grants heat aura with no MR check, #ainocast
National discount on O’al Kan’s Sceptre

Fire

Forge Brass Bull cost 30->25, Khalkotauros heat 3->7
Summer Lions heat 3->7
Fire Ants lose undisciplined, gain 50% darkvision
Breath of the Desert F3A1->F3
Kindly Ones Conjuration 8->7, F6N4->F5N3, Erinyes gain curseluck shield & blood vengeance with penetration 14.
Solar Eclipse castable underwater
Fireball & Falling Fires precision +1 -> +4
Flame Bolt F2->F1, precision +2 -> +4
Pillar of Fire Evocation 8->7
Flare fatigue 50 -> 20
Terracotta Warriors gain formation fighter
Seven Year Fever N1F1->F1N1, fatigue 30->20
New spell: Curse of the Candle. F1N1, precision 5 fatigue 20, AoE 1 decay.
New spell: Heat of the Furnace, F/Heat version of Breath of Winter

Yeah, fire got a nice buff. And Rain got nerfed.

So, basically, some good changes, but nothing crazy.

But, I guess that is all that is necessary to make them okay.

Yeah, I am mostly looking for something I am in the mood for and fun to play and not necessarily trying to min/max everything. Looks to be buffed a little for sure anyway.

I am interested in playing around with summoning hell spawn with the crossbreader buffed Warlocks using Infernal Breeding, heh. No idea if it will be practical or useful, but it will be fun!

There are some very interesting balance changes in there! It is definitely well worth reading over!

Some that I noticed so far:

Magic Duel has been removed.
Dust to Dust/Wither Bones have an MR save for half damage

I think Magic Duel removal makes low level astral pretenders possible.

Yeah, it can be so game changing I can see lobbying to just have it removed entirely as they have.

Let me know if anything stands out as a deal breaker.