Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1492119021&searchtext=

Okay, here is a map that I think might work. Full wrap around and everything (although wrap around doesn’t really make sense, unless the seasons were reversed if you think about it).

Not to make things more complicated, but would people be interested in the worthyhero mod?

A new mod version came out. It’s a very minor tweak because a fake spell was left in the mod.

By the way, we okay with starting the game the second week of January? Anyone have any questions or concerns?

It looks like I will either play as Man, Shinu or Machaka. Haven’t narrowed it down yet, but if anyone is interested in any of those nations, please let me know.

I’m considering getting this – currently at $18. Worth it?

At 18? Yes, I think so. But it’s not any easy game to learn, and it’s complicated. And the real fun is in multiplayer, which is usually by email.

Here is a good series to watch. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLl3YYe6_JF4snSnOYjJE5QAvAzYrgFHOc

Dominions took seven years of my gaming life.

It’s a steep learning curve. Well, It’s kind of a learning cliff, but multiplayer pbem dominions was one of the most satisfying gaming experiences I’ve had. It’s not for everyone, but if its charms get their hooks into you, then you will certainly consider it worth $18.

I set dominions down not because it lost my interest, but because my dominions habit was starting to interfere with real life. It’s been five years since I’ve played and I still look in on these threads and get a little itchy when a new game starts.

So Balance mod version 070 is what we’re running with?

As for nation, I think I want to try Jotunheim again. Or Vanarus.

yknow, @dfs i could use some help creating a pretender :)

i’d like to try Ind if that’s ok?

Yes, unless there is something that truly ruins the game for you in it.

Unlike a few other mods around, I think it makes the smallest changes to get the game to a competitive place.

The only other mod that might be interesting is worthy heroes, to make some of the more silly heroes… Worthy.

As for nations, I am fine with whatever. Keep in mind the small nerfs to Ind though.

What’s the nation?

So, I looked at the notes and the sea nations got a few small buffs, especially Oceania. It’s still Pangaea’s twisted half sibling, but it got some things right.

Nope, just making sure I had the right version.

Okay, so unless my mind radically changes, I think I have my pretender picked out. Now just the hardest part. Picking a proper name.

Something subtle and thematic, but doesn’t give away my strategy of winning.

Winner McWinface?

Can we look at getting the game details written up, including nation picks and deadlines for Pretender submission etc? Looks like Evil Steve is the only one who has locked in a pick. And to reiterate on pyrhic’s earlier question, are nations like Ermor and Asphodel available to play?

Legowarrior ?
Pyrhic ?
Evil Steve - Ind
Kelan - Abysia?
Wahoo ?
Strato ?

Was there anyone else?

I’ve dl’d the mod and map, i’ll have something decided this week…

I think I would prefer to avoid cancer nations in the game.

I think I will take Machaka. I have a cunning plan.

They’re just misunderstood!

I figure we can all go with Holy 3 nations if their is a cancer nation.

picking last! :)

lol

I will stick with Abysia. Got the map and mod installed and trying out a pretender build.