Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith

I’ll apply as cannon fodder!

I haven’t played a single game (SP or MP) of Dom5, yet, so why not? If given a choice between team and FFA play, I prefer FFA.

ya, i’ll be in. @akaoni get in here, it’s been too long since we pummeled each other to death in the first year!

By the way, this is the mod in question.

Any ideas on a map?
I’ve been fooling around with Peliwyr. It might be a bit big for our crowd. Biddyn is likewise probably to small.

Not yet

I am cautious about maps with a lot of random harsh terrain. If Peliwyr isn’t all that full of it, I’ll put in on the list.

• I am interested in playing an MP game of Dominions starting in March 2021
  • I am not interested in playing an MP game of Dominions in March 2021
  • I am interested in playing an MP game of Dominions, but March 2021 is too soon

0 voters

This will help me gauge what size map we need.

I’ll be starting studies in March to escape my current hell of a job, so I’ll have to sit this one out. Good luck all.

You know the first couple of turns are pretty easy @Strato.

Good luck with your studies. FWIW I’ve seen that the first 8 weeks returning to school are the hard ones. Getting back into the rhythm of the classroom and adding that onto your current load is the tough part.

So, I’ve been thinking that I’ll keep the number of sites standard. Which saddens me, but I can’t justify taking the nation I want, and taking higher sites. It might be an unfair advantage.

By the way, everyone is still happy with CBM as our main mod? I know its quirks are quirky, but I like that Fire has a chance with the mod.

Also, keep in mind, I’m planning on using Worthy Heroes, which I think is usually not too controversial, but also Lucid’s Gen Generator. These are expansive items that produce multiple temporary gems. High investment, but it means fewer Scouts carry gems around.

All of that sounds fine to me because I don’t know what any of it means.

Does anyone have any issues with using Discord as are starting spot?

Thank you. And with Covid on top of it all and State Government regulations, it’ll take a while to adjust, though thankfully I live (and will) in an area where community transmission of Covid is zero. Dfs comment is precisely why I can not join yet legowarrior :) I need to free the mental space that Dominions occupies. Though I’m sure I’ll be trying some interesting thought experiments in the background, working on the weaknesses of my games previously.

If you do need a sub for a dying nation, I might be able to jump in later.

Also, CBM I think was fine, but it can unbalance thrones. That was the issue with the Vampire Throne in the disciples game just gone.

I can’t see any changes that it made to vampires or thrones. What was the issue that you dealt with?

Vampires (unit not commander) in unmodded game are different to modded game. Unmodded they have one attack. Modded they have three distinct attacks plus heavier armour. They are much more stronger as a result. I’ll hopefully remember when I’m home to show a comparison screenshot.

No, I see the change. That’s isn’t a horrible change on the face of it, but it does impact the Throne defenses… Let me drop a line to Zonk about it.

Honestly, if it wasn’t for the throne and events, I think it is a necessary change, considering how expansive they are. But, there are some nasty events and the throne to consider.

FWIW there was a vamp event on strato and my border in balance. Neither of us can spare the horsepower to retake that province. Not a killer, but it could be. Oh. Yes, My preference would be for discussion to be here and not in discord. If that’s a minority position I’ll survive. Discussion in one spot is good.

I mentioned it to Zonk on Steam. I the old Summon Vampire spell was never cast, and super weak, and if it wasn’t for events and throne defense, I would think the new version is ultimately better and more balanced, considering the cost.

As for Discord vs Qt3, what I like about Discord is that app for messaging is better. It actually allows me to share turn files with team mates, unlike Qt3.

Still at 7 players. Not a bad number, but I’m hoping we can get a few more. @Kelan? @Valambrian, @jaygittings? @belouski, @wahoo, @Galdred?

Maybe @LeeAbe or @TurinTur?

I said I’d play in the next game, if that’s what you’re referring to.

I’ve got you on my list.

So far its me, Legowarrior,
Mellified
DFS
Evil_Steve
pryhic
Mysterio
Kolbex

Depending on the map, I think the ideal size for a game is about 10-12 players, but 7 is great fun.

I should give a shout out to @Maerlande, but I know he mostly involves himself with Disciple Games for newer players.

Anyone that can, please fill out the survey above. That way I know what the situation is.