Doom (2016)

I remember we played a 9 hours deathmatch on the first map in Doom 2.
The score counter only went up to 99, before it clocked around to 00 again.
Then again, it might have been Doom 1.

Campaign trailer: https://youtu.be/ybo30QlSk64

OMG that looks fun! I’m going to play the shit out of that. Probably on easy, Doom 2 was a looooong time ago.

I’ll be keeping an eye on this and try to give it a fair shake to move me, but I’m finding it difficult to get excited about Doom these days. Shallow as it may seem, I think graphics are a problem for me. Playing a game against technicolor demons on Mars works fine with VGA but with our much more “realistic” capabilities present day it just seems a little, I don’t know, silly.

With all the eyeball pulling, tooth yanking action in that video it brings back Serious Sam 3 memories. Love what I could hear from the sound effects though, very meaty.

Out on May 13.

I can’t look at the screen with so much violence in it.

I can’t. In 2016. Play a videogame with violence in it. Is against the Political Correct laws. I don’t want to be Literal Hitler^WDonald Trump.

Preordered the CE with an Amazon gift card I forgot I had. Yes, I’m a sucker.

Terrible trailer and cover art! Pre-canned animations FTW!

Looks like the master chief.

They should make a game called: WOOO! Could re-use the same logo-type.

Sneak preview tonight, as Conan O’Brien will be playing it with Super Bowl 50 players:

Comedian Conan O’Brien will air the next “Clueless Gamer” segment tonight during his late night show, he has announced. O’Brien will be joined by Super Bowl 50 players Von Miller of the Denver Broncos and Josh Norman of the Carolina Panthers as they play id Software’s new Doom. This particular version of Clueless Gamer is dubbed the “Super Bowl Edition.”

I think Doom is almost older than they are…

Needs more this guy:

Yeah, feeling pretty leery about it too. I’m glad that they made cacodemons colorful, and pinkies are pink, but it still doesn’t feel right with all the melee. I know they’re going for a Brutal Doom thing, but even in Brutal Doom the melee kills were almost always a bad idea compared to just shooting.

It’s definitely something I’ll buy and play at some point just because I am obligated to play Doom games, but I may hang off for a steep discount unless there’s some amazing gray market price at launch.

Dude, that is IT. Someone get Carmack on the phone stat!

Does it feature monster closets?

It’s 2016 dude. They’re all out and proud. :)

!!!

The Master Chief looks like Doom’s Space Marine.