Doom Eternal - Hell on Earth Returns

Nightmare indeed. I wanted to see if this was possible with a sub-30secs time to kill. It took quite a few goes to get a kill this smooth, almost entirely because he kept shielding up due to incoming friendly fire from the two trash mobs that spawn and we’d just end up dancing in the middle of the room.

I, too, am still listening to your crazy talk!

I laughed a lot, sorry.

(Well done btw!)

I am the AntiKrok. Bought, played for an hour, refunded. Just not grabbing me… I like lots of weak enemies I think. The slightly tougher ones just aren’t enjoyable for me.

Refunds of downloads are still a great thing though.

Did you manage it krok? I’ve been holding my breath this whole time. 10 days!

I’m curious how that’ll shake out on Nightmare because it was stage 2 that gave me some grief!

I do hope to return to Doom Eternal on Nightmare at some point.

I never even started it; got distracted by something else! :-P

Honestly, when I saw the picture the Mick Gordon Doom theme just exploded in my head. Awesome. Congrats krok!

CONGRATULATIONS, KROK!

You did it! This is a momentous and extraordinary time to be alive!

Yeah, well done Krok. Very impressive.

Also, yeah, Doom 64 feels good to play. It’s almost a bridge between classic Doom and NuDoom.

DLC teaser trailer for DOOM Eternal – The Ancient Gods (Part One):

Watch the first glimpse of DOOM Eternal’s first campaign expansion, then see the full trailer reveal at Opening Night Live, August 27th at 2pm ET.

At the end of this teaser (which I just watched), it says the rest of the trailer will be revealed on August 27th.

It’s August 27th!

https://youtu.be/0KqsTyDHV5A

Yea, this might sound petty, but I don’t want to play against Marauders again. They’re the only thing fucking up my preferred difficulty setting, and it ruins the game for me.

I got absolutely destroyed by them the first time I encountered them, but afterwards I feel like they were relatively straightforward once I worked out the green eyes-meets-shotgun combo, though I do appreciate people’s complaints that fighting them doesn’t allow for as much variety when it comes to weapon choice.

I can’t get the timing right on them. I know about the various telegraphs for the attacks and vulnerability windows (eye flash, the metallic sound etc), but I must be too much of a spaz to get the timing right. I guess I just lack the patience and finesse it takes to pop em at the right moment, especially after spending two hours in the heat of battle obliterating everything at my own 99/10 pace through sheer agression and adrenaline. Everything else about the game is fluid and second nature for me, but these guys single-handedly kill the rush. Every single time.

I’m totally willing to admit it’s a me problem and not a them problem. But after seeing the crowd of them in the expansion trailer, I just realized I don’t want to fight them again.

OMG. I stupidly, on my part, assumed that Bethesda had Cloud saves. Nope. So when I formatted my C: drive a couple weeks back, all my Doom Eternal saves went poof. Ugh.

Anyone who has finished or is at least 75% complete want to zip their save folder and send me a dropbox link or similar? I don’t care about completion percentage, finding secrets, etc. I just don’t want to start over. eep.

EDIT. I found some on Reddit. Of course, id also has your saves encrypted in your randonly generated profile name. So I also had to download a a Doom Eternal Save Game converter to convert the Save zip and transfer the saves to my folder. Thank goodness for young hackers out there. If anyone needs a save converter…: https://github.com/GoobyCorp/DOOMSaveManager/releases/tag/1.3.0.5

I played on Xbox, sorry. I’d send it to you if I could.

I did, but thanks, @krayzkrok. id doesn’t make it easy. Make sure you back up your saves manually!