Dota 2 Reborn - Valve revamps Dota 2

It made Morning Edition today. David Greene seemed incredulous and laughed about it a lot, but I heard it live on the air.

Because of how busy work has been I was only able to watch the last 2.5 days of the international, but even in that time it was such a great tournament! As mentioned above the OG vs. EG best of 3 series was really good, but really any series OG was involved in was extremely entertaining.

The final best of 5 was by far the most thrilling grand final that I can remember watching from the international.

OG was absurd. They had a serious incline and kept on improving. Just 3 weeks ago they lost a BO5 to a non-TI team.

Especially ana. This was probably their TI winning moment in game 4 - not flashy at all, but critically important.

TLDW - sold 2 items, picked up bounty rune to be able to afford buyback while getting murdered.

This was important a minute later on the top lane allowing OG to win the LGD retreat fight. Without ana that would have been a OG wipe and GG (if engage), or 2 lanes down and 20k+ deficit (if they don’t contest).

Ana was really great to watch. I’ve never seen a phantom lancer like that before!

Another great performance was surmail getting a huge number of kills on tiny, even though they somehow ended up losing that match anyway.

Game 4 of the finals was one for the ages. It was thrilling to watch the Cinderella kids pull it out from a huge deficit.

That’s the problem with tiny, once you can outlast that combo damage he falls off sharply. Couple that with Sumail getting cocky and stopped spying the spectre and it was inevitable. He had the speeches up against the ropes, hunting him all over the map and then just…stopped.

With all the Artifact hubbub, I didn’t notice there’d been a big DotA patch. Sounds like it shakes things up a fair bit.

Yea it’s a massive patch apparently. Going to give it a spin over the holiday. Not going to change much for me, I’ll still suck.

Oh, wow, they changed the map again.

I played against bots last night. Big changes and it will take a bit to get used to. Little things like Bounty Hunter getting gold from his old Jinada skill, Abaddon’s passive giving a major debuff on heroes that he focuses (ie: four hits, and the hero is silenced and everyone else attacking him gets max attack speed). Power Treads and Phase bots are significantly different.

Yes, lots to get used to.

I’m surprised that this thread doesn’t get much action on this forum.

There is a new hero out called mars who might be the most broken hero ever released. I know that every hero on release comes out a little broken but this guy and his 70% damage reduction passive is rediculous.

Well we certainly can’t have rediculating!

Just FYI the group stages of The International 9 has already started.

It’s been a good one too. Multiple mega-creep comebacks (3 I think?) for one thing.

Hours aren’t great for the US, but east coast can catch late night and morning, while west coast gets the entire evening for now.

I’m not minding the Chinese location, almost the same time zone as AUS! I did used to like waking up to have a bunch of no-spoiler replays to watch.

How are you supposed to actually watch this? I don’t understand Steam.tv at all, it seems to be a banner image and some kind of an ultra-toxic chat, a channel selection dropdown that does nothing, and no way that I can find to actually watch any video of anything.

Then there’s the Twitch archives, with really bad image quality even when I set it to 1080p60 manually, and just the multicast stream where the directors decided to just arbitrarily cut out to the first game I was invested in after 10 minutes, to skip to the draft of another game.

You can watch specific matches in-client if you don’t like the alternatives.

There are 5 twitch channels (one multicast, others stick to one game) with VODs and they also are on reruns during the day. The dota2 youtube channel also has all VODs (+ they are labeled).

And in client is always an option.

Aah, I see. I did not realize it was totally separate channels, but I guess it makes sense in retrospect given how Twitch works. Thanks!

Tried the client, but that won’t be an option for keeping on in the background at work. And the commentary seems to have a lot of skips that weren’t there in the stream.

But I really wish this was still in Youtube :( It’s just so much better technically than Twitch.

It is on youtube too