Dragon Age Countdown

A ton of folks on the Bioware forums are Europeans, so they are already pretty sad.

Yeah, this is lame as can be compared to the impeccable Diablo 3 reveal. Oh well.

It’s pretty much amateur hour, yep.

Well, there was a press release just sent out:

Dragon Age™: Origins, the highly anticipated dark fantasy epic from leading video game developer BioWare is set to be shown during E3 2008! Beginning with a world exclusive trailer on GameTrailers TV, airing this Friday night at 1:00 AM on Spike TV and Spike HD, fans will get their first look at Dragon Age™: Origins before it is shown to media during E3 2008, July 15-17. The trailer will be available in high definition after it airs on TV at www.gametrailers.com.

It’s hard to imagine that’s what they’ve been teasing.

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine!^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hwatch Spike TV!

Oh god, do I have to watch Spike TV? Blurg.

Well, it’s 6pm at Bioware now so I expect they’ve all gone home.

My guess is that they wanted to push the site live today, but got delayed waiting for final press releases to get approved, etc, etc.

Ovaltine: win!

I love that post from the moderator. It has just the right touch of scorn for the yammering hordes banging at the doors, all while professing ignorance about why they would be doing so all of a sudden.

Dragon Age: Origins? Fucking christ why does everyone have to take their perfectly original names and attach useless subtitles to them? Its the first game in a series. Duh.

So the big reveal is that Dragon Age is now Dragon Age colon Origins?

-Tim

Try not to laugh when they deliver a by-the-numbers RPG plot (not that there’s anything wrong with that) and then talk about how it is an epic story that they always envisioned as a trilogy.

They were going to call it Heroes of Annihilated Divine Dragon Ages: Origins: The Redemption: The Fall of Abu’Sikh: Chapter 1: Zorflak’s Odyssey, but those suits in Marketing got nervous.

Having let masocism get the better of me I’m lurking the dragon age forums and Chris Priestly (Community Communications Coordinator) posts this at someone who decided to stop checking the boards:

“So we can stop working on this then? Cool, thanks. That makes it much easier. Please let me know who else gives up, if enough of you have no patience I can send everyone home.”

I don’t really see the need to attack your most hardcore fans when its obvious your company screwed the pooch. Even if it’s a minor screwing.

Yeah, he really should be transitioned to a different position. Way to fan the flames, man.

“Dragon Age” was perfectly original?

More original than tacking Origins on to your already semi-lame title.

In my vast experience, it’s extremely bad luck to name the first title in a series expecting sequels. I can’t recall a single game named this way that actually had a sequel. Anyone?

As for bad names with origin in 'em, nothing will ever top “Ultima Worlds Online: Origin”. It never saw the light of day. Luckily, since it had dancing anthropomorphic cat-elves.

Well, they are rickrolling people on their forums and claiming that some of them are still at work trying to get the update ready.

I hope DA:O will have dynamic conversation trees with meaningful consequences so I can finally have and experience Fantasy Role-Playing: Perfected.