Dragon's Dogma

Wow, the more I see about this, the more it might be a day one purchase, which is insanely rare for me.

I wish they have some type of MP feature, I don’t get why Japanese developer hating any type of online play other than Adhoc.

What an amazing looking battle against the cyclops and the hobgoblins.

I like the night is dangerous thing as well - makes for a lot more exciting game I’m sure! Thanks for sharing. I had no idea this was on the way.

I only watched the first few minutes before my lunch break ran out, but all I saw so far was the player missing like FIVE times in a row with that bow of his. :)

You should watch a bit more. I’m frankly amazed at the level of detail in a fight like this. Normally giant fights are based on whittling down a big health bar - This is very very different!

oh, and yeah, the player sucks at shooting with her bow :-D

It looks nice. Too bad it isn’t available on a PC.

If Dark Souls is on the verge of a PC release, I don’t think you can rule out the same for this as well.

The more I thought about it, the more I was thinking a controller would be good with this game, with the setup they have. Hopefully a PC version will have a PC centered hotkey/UI though. Still, I may have to pick this up despite Diablo III being available. Seriously, this looks amazing.

it’s from Capcom, you can expect a shitty pc port in a few years.

Horrible, horrible name, but thanks for putting this one on my radar–the combat and environments look great, and I’ve been pining for another open world RPG that would let me fly (or at least levitate) the way that Daggerfall did.

I’ve been looking forward to this one for a couple of months now. I like the graphic style and the list of features, but I’ll have to try a demo before I buy any new IP.

I’ve heard a demo is coming soon. I am glad there’s no co-op, since it means the pawn system will be used.

Yeah, I’m still trying to figure out exactly what the dragon feels so strongly about.

That being said – I saw this at E3 last year and have kept it on my radar since then. I am encouraged by all of this (again, in spite of the crazy name).

Dogma isn’t about strong belief per se. It’s the idea that something is true because it comes from a certain authority. I would imagine if a dragon says something, many would take it as dogma. When a dragon says you ought to move, you kind of believe it, without any argument.

Why is it always dragons?

Because dragons are fucking awesome?

Drakensang
Divinity 2
Guild Wars 2
Skyrim
Dragon (heh) Age

Did I miss something other recent?

Let’s see, there’s also WoW and… Er, SWTOR has a big Krayt Dragon graveyard on Tatooine.

After watching more videos, I’m pretty impressed and puzzled why I haven’t seen more previews of this in mainstream gaming media.

The lighting, animation and effects going on in the large battles are seriously impressive for such a huge open environment game. It really seems to set a new standard in that regard making the encounters look much more dramatic and exciting and fluid.

Also, having what amounts to a party that can actually take care of themselves and be useful looks really well done.

Too bad it’s coming right after Diablo 3 though… That means that I may be too busy to justify day one purchase, but before those recent videos it had completely fallen off my radar.

But it’s not really “new” considering they were in KOTOR too and in other star wars stuff for years.