Drive-Away Dolls - Margaret Qualley in a Coen Bro Movie

Saw this trailer in front of Asteroid City, and I am 1,000% on board.

Still can’t get over that absence of a plural, but I’m obviously in!

Wow, now that’s a trailer! In!

Certainly looks Coen.

If one Coen brother can make a Coen Brothers movie, I’m ok if they each start making movies. We get double the Coen Brothers movies!

One Coen Brother’s movie, another Coen Brother’s movie: two Coen brother’s movies!

Bill Camp is awesome in everything.

I’m in.

Very much so. From the color palette to the quirky characters and dress to the campy lines. And lets not forget as in anything else these days, Pedro Pascal and a sleeper cameo, this time Matt Damon. This is either going to be a huge hit or a huge miss.

I’m timidly in.

Looks awesome

I feel like that trailer gave us 90% of Pedro’s involvement in the movie. As well as Bill Camp’s.

and probably 100% of Matt Damon. But I love cameos like that to be honest.

Saw this. It’s ok, nothing special. A few good guffaws. But it’s only like 80 minutes long, so what do you have to lose?

80 minutes.

I thought this was absolutely terrible. Loved Joey Slotnik and Beanie Feldstein, but was otherwise agog that a Coen let this happen on his watch.

Maybe they only make good movies as a team. Macbeth was, I thought, pretentious and unwatchable as well. Well I’m sad about Drive Away Dolls. OTOH, at 80 minutes, I might watch it when it goes to streaming anyway.

It doesn’t take much to sell me on 80 minutes of Margaret Qualley.

I really enjoyed this but it’s definitely lesser Coen. Still, compared to The Ladykillers, it’s basically best picture.