Driveclub

Back to you on the Bently challenge Rock8 :). Still need to catch Dirk in the R8…

EDIT: Back on top in the R8. Many more apexes hit, but I did flub a corner or two so the door is definitely open.

So I start this up yesterday to work on the drift challenge that’s going on right now and I’m running up to the first turn, mashing the e-brake for my skid and…nothing’s happening in just slowly running right into the wall. Restart, try again…same thing car won’t drift I’m just turning but no drift. After a few more tries I finally realize my problem…I’ve been playing Arkham Knight so I just reverted to that games idiotic control scheme and mashing the square button (brake in that game) instead of circle! In Driveclub circle is downshift so I was just downshifting to 1st gear instead of braking!

Damn you Batman!

Yeah, twitter is the fastest way to share any photos from the PS4, but if you ever really want to show off the graphics, you’ll want to plug in a USB stick or something to copy the photos from the PS4 directly to your PC. Twitter has some pretty aggressive compression.

Amazon is currently selling this for $19.99 with free shipping with Prime!

Merryprankster I am not receiving invites for the challenges you set up. I find them through the ‘my friends challenges’ button. Could you include me in the recipients next time?

Thanks!

• Dirk

Will do…umm how do you choose who gets the challanges?

It’s not mandatory but it will sent out an alert in both the playstation as well as the DriveClub interface so that people know you created one.

• Dirk

I just sent out a challenge in one of my favourite car’s in the game, the Vanquish.

• Dirk

New update.

The latest ‪#‎DRIVECLUB‬ Game Update is now available to download!
As always it’s your feedback is at the heart of everything we’re adding to the game, so please keep sharing your feedback with us. We have more updates, features and cars in the works to keep DRIVECLUB fresh for you long after July!
Our 20th update introduces ELITE Driver Levels, new club Leaderboards for every Tour event, updates to Club Challenges, a new ‘Random event’ feature for quick play, options to tune or disable the camera shake settings, filters for your Garage and Car Select menus, new Photo Mode filters and frames, and many more improvements to the game based on your feedback.
This game update also paves the way for the new PlayStation®Store updates coming on July 28 worldwide. http://youtu.be/yCSJesRDWXQ
Here are the full details of Update 1.20:
Download & installation:
» The update will happen automatically when you fire up the game (or you can “Check for Updates” on PS4 for the game).
» The update size is 0.5GB which brings the total size of all updates combined so far to 10.84GB.
What’s included in Update 1.20:
» ELITE Driver Levels are now available above Level 60. You’ll have to prove your skills on the track as well as reach the required number of Tour Stars and Fame Points to earn these ELITE Levels! Every new Driver Level has a reward too.
» New ‘Random Event’ in DRIVE lets you quickly get behind the wheel and try something different. It’s perfect for creating new Challenges!
» Club Challenges now show all Club Members participating and individual leaderboard positions to make it more rewarding and competitive for everyone taking part.
» New Club Leaderboards for every Tour event: go and get your Club ranked in your favourite events as soon as you update the game!
» Improved camera shake and new Gameplay Settings option to adjust the camera shake intensity - or turn it down completely for a silky smooth drive.
» New Gameplay Settings option to turn Face-offs on or off, for those of you who prefer the pure thrill of the race without any distractions or extra opportunities for earning Fame.
» New Garage options to filter the vehicles so that you can more easily find the car you’re looking for.
» Adds new filters and frames to Photo Mode.
» Adds the ability to toggle ghosts on and off in Time Trial and Drift mode, by using left on the D-Pad.
» Stunning new ‪#‎PS4share‬ photo added to the loading screen (Credit: KTM X-Bow R | DRIVECLUB | Araik hunter63 | Flickr).
» Updated Credits with personal messages, special thanks and new members of the team!
» Includes general improvements for game performance, stability and usability.
Update 1.20 Add-ons (available for download from PlayStation®Store on July 28 worldwide):
» Adds support for the Horsepower Expansion Pack (download from PlayStation®Store) - which includes the Horsepower Car Pack and Horsepower Tour Pack.
» The Horsepower Car Pack includes: Ferrari LaFerrari FXX K, McLaren P1 GTR, Nissan GT-R NISMO, Renault Mégane R.S. 275 Trophy-R and the Ferrari FXX Evoluzione.
» The Horsepower Tour includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
» Collect every star in the Horsepower Tour to earn a new bonus Livery.
» Adds support for the UniteInSpeed Tour Pack (download from PlayStation®Store).
» The UniteInSpeed Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
» Collect every star in the UniteInSpeed Tour to earn a bonus Livery.
» Adds support for two new livery packs coming to PlayStation®Store. Each Livery Pack contains 5 new livery patterns to customise your cars with.
What else we’re working on (stuff coming after 1.20):
» Private lobbies! This is our main focus now that the servers are running smoothly and the PS+ Edition of DRIVECLUB is live.
» DRIVECLUB companion app: We’ll have more news on this soon.
» More free cars: There isn’t a new free car coming in July but we’ve got some awesome cars lined up for you in August and September!
» More Cars & Tours: The packs coming in July mark the end of the Season Pass but not the end of DRIVECLUB! We have much more coming so stay with us.
» More Game Updates: We’re committed to keeping the game fresh and enjoyable for you, so we will continue to make improvements and add features based on your feedback. Please keep sharing your thoughts with us to help us continually evolve the game around you.

Source: Driveclub - The latest #DRIVECLUB Game Update is now...

• Dirk

I’m glad for the ability to toggle ghosts since I find that they can actually block my view of the track at times.

Just got my platinum trophy, its the first one for me! :-)

• Dirk

Congrats sir!

New update available:

The newest game update for DRIVECLUB is AVAILABLE NOW!
Update to v1.21 to continue playing online and add the Renault R.S. 01, new Sprint mode, new Elite Driver Levels and lots more to your game!
Full details of the 533MB Game Update v1.21 for ‪#‎DRIVECLUB‬:
» New Supercar awarded for reaching Driver Level 66: The Renault R.S. 01! http://youtu.be/vlS_B9NoOdg
» 12 new ‘SPRINT’ variations of DRIVECLUB tracks for Time Trial & Challenges: Cayoosh Point, Putre, Munnar, Goshodaira, Holmastad & The Kyle (including unique Sprints for the standard and reverse track versions).
» 10 more ELITE Driver Levels from 66 to 75. All levels have a new reward.
» The Rimac Automobili Concept_One and VUHL 05 are better! We’ve modified the vehicle performance and handling for these 2 cars based on further collaboration with manufacturers and community feedback.
» Adds support for the Thrustmaster TH8PA manual gear shifter (including sequential shifting and clutch support).
» Car statistics are now detailed on the vehicle select screen: Drivetrain, Engine Position, Kerb Weight and more.
» New default order of cars in the garage/vehicle select.
» Rebalanced the frequency of wet weather and night time events in Random Event.
» Added Club leaderboards to all Tour events in addition to the standard solo leaderboards.
» New option when sending a challenge to filter your Friends list to show DRIVECLUB players.
» Stunning new ‪#‎PS4share‬ photo added to the loading screen (Credit: http://23rl23.imgur.com/ http://i.imgur.com/lr5u2rT.jpg).
» Includes general improvements for game performance, stability and usability.
Update 1.21 Add-ons (available for download from PlayStation®Store on August 25 worldwide):
» Support for the Ferrari 488 GTB (coming to PlayStation®Store as a free download).
Download & installation:
» The update will happen automatically when you fire up the game (or you can “Check for Updates” on PS4).
» The update size is 0.5GB which brings the total size of all updates combined so far to 11.3GB.
Looking ahead to future updates (coming after 1.21):
» Development of Private multiplayer lobbies is well underway! When it’s added you’ll be able to modify the rules and settings for private multiplayer events with friends.
» New tracks are in the works, plus we’re going to add many more SPRINT mode tracks for you to play in Time Trial & Challenges!
» DRIVECLUB app: The game and servers have changed significantly since we first brought out the MYDRIVECLUB app last year, so we’re currently building a new app and will share more info when we can.
» More Game Updates: As always we will continue to make improvements and add features based on your feedback. Please keep sharing your thoughts with us to help us evolve the game around you.

R8 hot lap I posted as a challenge (then for no real reason other than it’s possible, made a video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDIPlC2CH6E

Have at it folks!

Wow checked in on this game for the first time in months and they added motorcycles! And they don’t suck! It’s not quite as full a treatment as the cars, there’s only about a dozen or so bikes (all liter bikes) and all but 2 are locked initially. They did a pretty good job with the bike physics as well. They all have a real weight to them and you can shift your drivers weight front to back to help with cornering. They do feel a bit twitchy at first, especially in the side to side transition (the bike has a tendency to “pop” from leaned over to upright) but once you get used to it it’s not an issue. The feeling of being fully leaned I around a sweeping turn as you stick to the corner using just the throttle is pretty awesome. Oh and did I mention the already beautiful replays are even more stunning with the camera pegged to your front wheel! Yes it is $15 but for anyone who still enjoys Driveclub I’d say it’s well worth it.

I know right! It’s pretty cool. Sent me a bike challenge mister pilot. :-)

• Dirk

I sent a few out, on both the starting bikes. I also really like the way they handle the skill challenges versus the cars. The car skill challenges are really just how well you skid but on the bike you get to wheelie, stoppie and do flat out speed traps. I messed around in skill events for a bit last night and was able to unlock the Bimoda (?) and the ZX-10. It looks like they’ve got future plans for more events but I’m really hoping they bring in some more classes of bike as well. I get to try out both hyper cars and (near) street legal rides in Driveclub I’d really like to be able to try out different classes of motorcycle as well.

I actually succumbed to temptation on seeing DriveClub for sale in the current PSN sale for $11+, and tried to buy it. But it turns out the full version is currently “not available for sale” both on the website and through my PS4. The version that reads like the PS+ version I already have is the one that’s available on the website for $11+. Weird. I wonder why I can no longer buy the full game? Maybe they only want people to buy the physical disc from now on? Or I wonder if they’re phasing it out, if Gran Turismo Sport is close to release maybe?

This “PS Plus Exclusive” version on the PS Store is the full game upgrade AFAIK. BUt I see what you mean. Maybe the copy is just wrong on the page?

I notified the game’s lead dev Paul Rustchynsky on Twitter about the problem with the listing and he responded to let me know it is being fixed ASAP.