Dungeon's & Dragon's: Dark a Lion’s

The graphics and gameplay looks nice enough - The animations, especially when someone is hitting an enemy are just not there it seems, in a lot of places - I wonder how far they can come in a month.

I think the game will hinge heavily on how good the loot system is, and how good the skills for the characters are.

It looks like the skills are done kind of like Outriders in that you get a selection and can choose two.

Yikes.

I’ve got a couple friends who really want to play this online together. Looks like I’m taking one for the team.

It is supposed to be on gamepass I think

Yes, that’s pretty much the only reason I’d touch this. My friends too, in fairness to them. Think they’re just looking for our next multiplayer shindig.

Those reviews are worse than I had hoped. Why couldn’t they just update the old isometric BG:DA with modern graphics and new levels and call it a day?

Is there a reason the ability scores are so low? Why be D&D without a proper range of scores?

Who could have possibly have foreseen that this game would be total shit?

/s

From the review I watched, it would be a mediocre but generally fine game if they fixed all the bugs. But there are a lot of bugs.

Yeah, this is the camp I’m in - this never once looked good to me, and that sucks because marrying a Diablo style ARPG with D&D should be cool - I knew from the moment it had named characters it wouldn’t be great (I think letting players roll a character and then take them through a randomized ARPG type of adventure, with well done and fluid combat, could be awesome but this looked janky af from the jump). Something about it just felt like a 66 Meta Critic game to me.

I’m actually looking forward to trying it because it’s supposed to be so bad. I’d never do that if I had to buy a game, but since it will be on game pass, this is one of my first opportunities to actually play a really bad game at launch to make fun of it.

For free on gamepass, I’ll still give it a shot.

Review I watched specifically said it wasn’t recommended even on Game Pass. One of the most negative reviews I can recall in recent memory.

There were lots of negative reviews for lots of games I’ve enjoyed playing, so I’ll give it a shot since the barrier to entry is effectively zero.

Yeah, I’ve enjoyed plenty of games that have gotten pretty savage reviews, so I’m not really worried about whether it’s good so long as it’s at least somewhat interesting. I may not stick with it but what the heck, I’ll dabble.

The only game I’ve actually spent money on this generation outside of Gamepass is Cyberpunk, and that got totally torched by everyone, but I enjoyed the hell out of that game.

Ha ha, some of you guys are going to play D&D: Dark Alliance!

I went from boot-up to uninstall in less than 30 minutes.

-Tom

So no review?