Dungeons of Dredmor - Graphical Roguelike-ish Awesomeness

That lists the stats, but doesn’t identify what else it might do or how it’s used.

Thanks, but that doesn’t tell me anything more than the in-game identification. I want to know if I can actually equip it, and if it procs any special effects.

The Log is a shield. You can equip it.

That sounds awesome. This is one of those funny games where if I get a super loadout that I’ve worked so hard towards (or gotten insanely lucky) I want to record it for later posterity. Look back and say, “yea, that was character was awesome” before getting the hell cursed out of my perfect items - LOL.

I should note that I still murder fish paladins pretty good, they’re just the most common source of attacks that can actually do a decent amount of damage to me despite my phalanx of resistances and obscene block/armour absorption scores.

Dear World,
You never told me about Thirsty Diggles and how much they suck.

I hate you all.

Wait, how do they suck? I’ve been encountering them but I’ve never really noticed them doing anything other than collapsing dead at the end of my emerald sword. (This may in part have to do with the fact that it’s not uncommon now for my combat log to get so behind that it will scroll for minutes on end without me getting into a new fight.)

Yet another stupid death at the hands of the thirsty diggle. I made the bad assumption that it would die a quick death, but a few clicks worth of distraction and I was looking at the gravestone.

Yes! I can die happy knowing Dredmor lies in a ruin of ash. Can finally mark this game down as completed!

The battle was hard fought on both sides, but my rogue of gadgets and ranged warfare prevailed in the end!

I documented the battle with pictures to prove my manliness!

Character Stats

Battle

Blips that is awesome! And your presentation is excellent, how did you do that?

Also, what nukey weapon did you use, cause I’ve got to get my hands on that thing!

Three of my last four games I’ve been killed by Dredmor.

Basic Photoshop skills? :D

Hah thanks, took just a few moments in Photoshop like TurinTur guessed.

As for the nuke, it’s the Bolt Of Mass Destruction. I only managed to find two in my whole play-through! I did eventually get the recipe for it but was always missing an ingredient.

Well done! I also recommend the Holy Hand Grenade for Dredmor-nuking, it works very well. Perhaps he’s secretly a rabbit lover.

I am so terrible at this game. I think the furthest I’ve gotten to so far was level 6, maybe. It’s always the same thing that kills me too - my inability to keep on my toes. At some point I start feeling overconfident because I’m steamrolling everything, including the monster zoos. But then there comes a point where I’m not really paying attention and all of a sudden it’s “HOLY FUCK I HAVE 2 HP LEFT WHAT DID THIS GUY DO TO ME OKAY THROW OUT SPARKLE HEALIES OH SHIT I CAN’T CAST MAGIC!!#$&@#^$”

Dead.

I’ve made it to lv 7 of the dungeon with a really good character it seems.

I have the RotDG installed; does the game end when you kill Dredmor? is he on lv 10 of the dungeon or lv 15?

What are the extra 5 levels for?

Also I still haven’t found a single Platinum Ingot or an Aetheric Power Cylinder or an Elven Ingot grinder. Which is annoying because I can’t make the Purple Lightsaber without it. This seems kind of weird because I’ve previously found lots of Ingot grinders and Aetheric Power Cylinders. Is this bad luck or does it seem a little strange?

Did you take tinkering as a skill? If you did you should have gotten a grinder.

If you play with RotDG enabled, then floors 10-14 are added (15 is what used to be 10). It’s primarily just more of the same, although there’s some special spots with diggle god statues that can do interesting things. It takes longer to play through, but it gives you a better chance at Dredmor if you survive…more loot, more levels. And yes, the game is over once you kill Dredmor.

That happens sometimes. I played down to level 12 or 13 without finding a grinder once. Just luck of the draw.

I ask this once in a while and never get an answer: are there any plans for an iPad version of this? Since most of my gaming these days of this type are on my iPad (and most of my other gaming is on consoles) I haven’t played this in a long time (and probably won’t - I know, my loss, etc.) unless an iPad version comes out. (I played this mainly while traveling, on the road, etc. on my notebook, and I don’t carry my notebook as much since I got the iPad.)