Dying Light 2 - Zombies, parkour, and decisions

Yesssssss…

they put an avellone in my zombie game! techland, i lub you.

Seems the map is 4x the size of the one in the first game. Or twice the size of The Following map.

Was mentioned here:

Setting reminds me of Dishonored 2’s Karnaca a bit.

This looks so cool , talk about a changing world! Player choices result in a world with 3 different visual results.

I’m pretty sure my world will always end up like the bottom image.

It is pretty damn cool that we’ve progressed to the point where the actual game world can change its look, as opposed to just a static artist image in an ending cutscene showing different worlds in static images.

Even more so when you realize the map for Dying Light 2, will be 4x the size of all map content from Dying Light 1.

Will those outcomes be different, or different flavours of grimdark?

Really looking forward to this, but wondering if there will be any middle path as the two options at the moment seem to map to Order & Chaos and too much of either is always a bad thing.

This will have to be a revolution from Dying Light 1. I played 1 recently, and sections of the game just had me in seething rage. Like the not one but two sections where they take away your weapons. That one bullet hell segment where you get through just by sheer luck. One section that is slightly bugged where you can’t pick up weapons on the floor and you fight a guy with a machete with your fists (when you fail, you do it again, this time plus five goons.). And the final QTE.

WHAT THE FUCK.

Any goodwill it built during the game is complete drained by those sections. 2 needs to be a revolution compared with 1 before I pick in up.

giphy

Dying Light did two things that aren’t automatically easy to pull off in 1st person - the parkour and the melee. I half think if they’d just put more guns in they’d be the company to beat.

Dying Light has gotta be my favorite zombie game, well other than The Last of Us.

Haven’t there been enough zombie games?

It sounded like the sequel had more emphasis on human factions. The volatiles were pretty cool in the first game though :)