Dying Light 2 - Zombies, parkour, and decisions

I’m just clicking through videos to avoid spoilage. I have been thinking the colours in this one seem very different from the previous game’s setting. Lots of quite strong not-quite-primary colours make it quite distinctive. Not sure I love it. I imagine I’ll deal :)

Went back and finished the Following DLC. Driving took forever to level up, but then I literally farm experience in a farm by running over zombies again and again. The game (helpfully?) keeps respawning zombies. It gives another meaning to zombie apocalypse (killing zombies en masse). If DL2 has as much variety as the base game AND the Following then it should be fine. The base game gets a bit repetitive but the Following opened up the game in a good way.

The Following is as good as a DLC as Prey’s Mooncrash DLC, improving the base game in a meaningful way rather than just more of the same as the main game.

Probably won’t jump into to DL2 on day 1, but will wait for sale.

The Following DLC was enjoyable, but the story and missions were really barebones/boring fetch quests.

I hope DL2 has missions that string along together better to help tell the story.

I’m never a Buy On Day 1 guy, but this game would tempt me bad. I loved the previous title, it got me through several months of Covid lockdown.

This is looking very good. Can’t wait to play it.

Hope everyone has 500 hours of free time. ;)

Yeah, but how many levels does it have? If they’re just five hundred-hour levels, that’s lame. We need at least a dozen levels in every game.

-Tom

These are my stats for AC: Valhalla. I’ve done everything. All the DLC, all the side quests. All the cairns, raids, legendary animals, fished for all the goodies in the fishing hut, killed all the zealots, completed the trade routes in Ireland, maxed the rebels out in Paris. All of it.

184 hours.

If Dying Light 2 has 500 hours worth of crap, I’ll skip it.

500 hours is also the time it took Herzog to walk from Munich to Paris.

This smacks of marketing bullshit more than anything I can remember in recent memory. There are four factions I believe, so this means 4 separate playthroughs (each at 100%? Nobody would do that anyway).

Is that a threat?

Seriously, even if 75% of it is optional, I don’t see it as a good thing. I hope it’s misguided hyperbole.

Of course it’s gonna be fetch quests and completionist nonsense that can be ignored.

This would be a Day 1 purchase for me except I’ve usually been disappointed when I do that.

I pre-ordered with the humble 20% off, lets hope it turns out well. :P

Actually it’s 500 one-hour levels, all procedurally generated. In each one you’ll be starting from scratch. This is the Populous 2/Theme Hospital/Theme Park-Zombie mashup we’ve all been waiting for!

I’m super tempted to pre-order a Steam key on cdkeys.com, but I’m a bit wary. I’ve never had anything but positive experiences buying keys there, but $40 & $50 pricing respectively for the standard and deluxe versions seems too good. I’ll wait until we’re at launch day.

I told myself I should just pay full price for titles I want to support. But then I went to CDKeys. 3 x $40 is pretty much the same support to the industry as 2 x $60 right? I feel a bit dirty.

Stalker 2 is just going to be a NTF of a screenshot of the game. ;)

Well, you never know when a game will be great or a disappointment, so with preordering games instead of waiting for reviews imo you are already doing a favor to the devs, even if you pay less.

For example, I wouldn’t preorder Stalker 2, too little real gameplay shown.

Speaking of, Stalker 2 has been delayed 7 months! lol