Dynasty Feud - Team based multiplayer party brawler

So this game I did some design work on has just launched:

It’s a multiplayer versus brawler, with one hit kills (mostly) and a team system (think Towerfall with the team system of a KOF) with highly asymmetric characters. Teams are fixed (and I think of each team as a character per se), although there’s a mode to configure your own from the 40 available characters.

We tried to strike a balanced between fun, chaotic casual play and technical, competitive play. I think we got the technical part all right (good players seem to obliterate everybody else) but the amount of characters does make some players feel a little bit overwhelmed at the very beginning.

Anyway, I still have fun playing it local (where I think it shines), and that’s rare for a game I’ve worked on, so if it tickles your fancy, feel free to give it a try or ask me anything here.

Sadly, the single player was dropped mid development, so it’s multiplayer only, local or online. That’s the biggest regret I have so far with respect to the changes from the original design.

Oh cool, will check this out. Huge fan of party multiplayer. Local is almost always better but I’ve a few online friends who might be into this. Cheers for the heads-up.

I am looking forward to play online, as I had no victim to prey on locally last week – I did my due and reported a bug though. So proud of myself!

That’s really cool. If it had singleplayer, I’d consider buying it, but multiplayer only is not my thing, alas.

Anyway, I hope it does well and maybe gets a singleplayer-enabled sequel or something!