E3 2017 Meetup?

Anyone going to be at E3 this year? Or just live in LA? I would be thrilled to get together and meet some of y’all. Some activities we could engage in:

• Give each other in-person Likes (Tom can’t regulate those!)
  • Share our Derek Smart and Cleve Blakemore sightings
  • Get a group together and play some of Tom’s favorite “solitaire” games
  • Get in West Side Story-style dance fights with the Broken Forum guys
  • Long, philosophical discussions about Shit Bonerz

The show is June 13th through the 15th. I’ll be downtown, but I’ll try to get wherever you natives say is the place to meet up.

I’m not going but I’m up for a night time get together if it comes together and I can make it!

One of these days I’ll go back to E3.

If anything is happening, I’m up for getting together! I’m also bringing my 17-year-old kid for his first E3, so you can ask him about Minecraft or Undertale or whatever the kids are playing these days.

So where would be the place to meet up on one of the later nights of the week–say, Wednesday night? I’m looking to the Angelinos to make a good suggestion. Some restaurant that’s cool but casual? Unless @tomchick wants to offer up his place (he says with egregious presumption)!

If the folks who are attending are of the board gaming persuasion (and we pick a friendly venue), we can plan those as part of the evening. Just weigh in on whether that would be a draw for you. I’m happy either way!

I will have a lot of work obligations, so I need to give fair warning that my time could get pre-empted by something I can’t escape. But I will make this a priority!

Mr. rowe and Mr. Bates & son are in! Anyone else?

Let’s use this thread and/or PMs to coordinate.

The problem with coming to my house is that it’s a bit of a drive, but if anyone would like to make the drive, I would love to hang out and play boardgames. @Nightgaunt, will you have a car? Freeway-wise, I’m actually not that far from from downtown (Google maps Tujunga and you’ll see it’s a pretty straight shot north up the 5 and the 2 to the 210).

Unfortunately, I’m out of commission all of Thursday and maybe Thursday night (I’m going under full anesthesia and I’m not sure how groggy I’ll be after). But if it works out best that folks are available Thursday night after the show, I’m willing to commit to shaking it off.

-Tom

Thanks, Tom! Turns out (I tweaked my post above) that Wednesday night is my last night there; I’m heading home to Colorado on Thursday night. Is Wednesday any better, with your procedure being the next day?

I’ll be Ubering around, so I have no idea how much that’ll cost, but I don’t mind. @Andy_Bates? @rowe33? What do you think about a Trek to Tujunga? (Also, someone invent a board game called “Trek to Tujunga”.)

I think we can make Wednesday night work! I was trolling around for E3 afterparties to attend, but I think the boardgames would be more fun! Plus, hey, Qt3 folks!

Let me double check with the kid, but if it works out, we can drive people from the Convention Center area out to Tujunga. Prepare to luxuriate in the smooth ride of a '98 Camry!

That would be fantastic, Andy! Thank you!

Okay we’re in! I’ll message everyone with my phone number so we can sync up on the day!

Tom, thanks for hosting! Is there somewhere we can grab dinner around your area, or should we plan on eating before we get there?