E3 2018 thread of megaton and dissapointon

“What are the new things we get to do that we’ve never played before?”

Yes, please tell us.

So it is Destiny with singleplayer hub environment that will have a bit more story in it, designed to be infinitely extendable?

That sounds super uninteresting. Graphics looks nice though.

Remember what they say about movies:

Don’t show, talk.

Wait, no, it’s the opposite.

Why are they talking about the game instead of showing it to us? This is E3. Big fail from EA.

The state of my craft when people have to fucking announce “no loot boxes” and that people fucking applaud. Jesus.

Hahaha. No lootboxes! Don’t hate us, please!

Talk about egg on your face! Anthems are HEARD not SEEN duhhhhhhh

WTF did they do all that yakkity yak when they had this gameplay demo?

“We will not sell hard drugs to children!”

But does it look awesome? Do we get to play Iron Man in a dystopian future? How many companions will I get to sex up? I need to know these things!

It does look pretty.

Damn straight!

LOL ending with an Avengers-esque music cue. They really are just making a superhero game.

Feb 22, 2019. I’m skeptical of that date, though.

So that’s it, huh? No live demo of BF5. What are they saving it for?

Yeah I saw nothing that indicates that thing is gonna ship in less than a year. But They know better than me. EA is usually good at keeping dates. Also, no The Sims??? Wut?

They’re no better than anyone, IMO. EA’s fiscal year ends March 31st, so they need to be careful about slipping big games out of their year. I’m sure they’re just waiting to see how the holiday does before they officially tell everyone that Anthem has moved into fiscal 2019. I wouldn’t expect it until September 2019 at best given what we just saw (or didn’t see).

A game coming out in 8 months wouldn’t need 15 minutes of talky talk before the demo.

I think you are right on all counts. Good points.

If they claim Anthem has a good story maybe they should show something from it instead of just the generic pew pew (though in great graphics).

Ah, yea it went right over my head. I remember the big push for the game at release, but it wasn’t my thing and I thought maybe I just didn’t get it.

I have no idea what Anthem’s story is at this point. I know, I think, that the bad guys are called the Scar. Other than that, I couldn’t tell you anything other than you shoot and jetpack and walk into spice markets I guess. If this was supposed to be them reassuring Bioware fans that it’s not just a Destiny clone, they utterly failed. That said, I’d be fine with a more solo friendly Destiny clone, if it was designed well enough. That’s basically what Borderlands is and I love that series.

I hate to sound like an asshole in this particular instance, but Anthem looks boring.

Plus the design around co-op gives me flashbacks to The Division and Destiny problems I had.

I’m certainly not as hyped as I was before today