Ealry release of ToEE?

Anybody else hear that ToEE is being shipped tomorrow? Somebody said on the official page that there was a press release by Atari confirming this. I’ve yet to confirm it - is some jerk off playing a prank?

The Temple of Elemental Evil Walkthrough Video is out at file planet - 93 megs.

see it here… http://www.fileplanet.com/download.aspx?f=130208

I think it’s true–Blue’s posted something last week that I believe was a press release.

The weird thing with this announcement is that I’ve seen it on a number of game sites but I can’t seem to find the initial announcement on Atari’s website anywhere.

Unless a press release was fabricated and sent to several gaming sites (and also one which wasn’t pointed out by the developers frequenting the forums), it’s definitely going out tmrw.

Even the online game sites have moved up the release date.

I think Atari just does a crappy job of consolidating all the press/news on their main site. Here’s the press release:

ATARI DISCOVERS RIFT IN SPACE-TIME CONTINUUM; THE TEMPLE OF ELEMENTAL EVIL TO SHIP o­n SEPTEMBER 16
Popular Dungeons & Dragons World of Greyhawk to Make First Interactive Appearance o­n September 16

LOS ANGELES – Sept. 12, 2003 – Atari and Troika Games are pleased to announce that The Temple of Elemental Evil™ will now ship o­n September 16th and not September 23rd as previously reported. After years of research into the science of time travel and the mysticism of interactive entertainment distribution, Atari has achieved a breakthrough in the melding of the two disciplines. As a result of this revolutionary achievement, The Temple of Elemental Evil will now appear o­n retail stores shelves nationwide seven days earlier than originally anticipated.

Published by Wizards of the Coast, the World of Greyhawk, remains o­ne of the most popular Dungeons & Dragons® campaign settings of all time and will make its first interactive appearance with the September 16th release of The Temple of Elemental Evil. The Temple of Elemental Evil will feature an exciting party-based single player campaign, an engaging storyline based o­n the classic D&D® adventure of the same name as well as a faithful translation of the latest 3.5 edition rules.

The Temple of Elemental Evil will be available at retail stores nationwide with an estimated retail price of $49.95 and an ESRB rating of “T” for Teen. Additional information about The Temple of Elemental Evil can be found o­nline at www.greyhawkgame.com, which features message boards, wallpapers, screenshots, game play information and much more.

The word is that it went gold and was ready to ship a bit before expected and they didn’t want to hold it back for no reason. Although maybe they wanted to give it an extra shelf week before Halo/HL2/whatever madness.

Golds have been out to journalists for at least a week I think, so it’s certainly feasible.