Earth Defense Force 4.1 & 5 - "The EDF deeeploys!", now with more mission repetition!

I might grab too when it goes on sale.

Yeah they’re all worth having if you love the insane gameplay.

This, I got 5 to play local split-screen with my boy and it is glorious bug-smashing epicness.

OMG that sounds amaaaaaazing.

EF 4.1 is on sale on Amazon for $10 right now, so I grabbed it for myself and my three brothers as a small Christmas gift. The 5th game sounds better, but we’ve never played any of these before, and when you’re buying for four…

4.1 is a great game. If you guys love it, you can get 5 later.

That’s a good choice. 5 is superior but 4.1 is good too. It’s really hard to play 4.1 once you get accustomed to 5.

Of course if you want to get full achievements, skip 4.1 all together lol.

I’ll second or third that it’s very hard to go back to 4.1 after 5. The biggest thing for me is that 5 has a ton more weapons and upgrades. It feels like you’ll go several or more missions in 4.1 without getting anything new, where you’ll almost always get something in 5. Can’t wait for 6!

If 5 was ten bucks I would have gotten us that for sure!

As others have said, 4.1 is fantastic and if y’all love that you’ll get even more enjoyment out of 5.

This game… does not look good.

EDF 5 still have a playerbase on PS4, I would be playing it if not where playing Yakuza like a Dragon.
The great thing about EDF is the endgame, I think, getting op weapons against even bigger op hordes of monsters.

EDF Iron Curtain, I tried recently, but the playerbase was dead.

Theres a new EDF in the making, but is minecraft-y with small voxels. Seems a simplified EDF for kids. I may still get it, but is not a mayor EDF relase.

YOU DON’T LOOK GOOD

The voxel EDF I was talking about.

Yup, there were some posts about it back in July. Has it been confirmed for western release? Nevermind, it already had been in the summer.

Wow I can’t believe this slipped under my radar, just got it and it’s so damn good. No “visually stunning” bs, no alien “art” bs (ants and frogs, ha!), no “story” bs, just pure gameplay. Other than the slightly annoying box gathering, I can’t find any flaws.

Ooh, 5 is half off on Steam. Tempted to rebuy it for PC. Anyone know how the port is, and does it benefit from the extra horsepower of a brand new CPU/GPU? Or, for that matter, of a PS5?

My co-op partner double-dipped on PC so we could co-op together and he didn’t say anything about any boosts or anything over the PS4 version. He doesn’t regret it though.

No, it’s locked to 60 FPS and G-Sync causes weird long delays in the menus if you don’t disable it.

So I was messing around with some new weapons today as Fencer, and I got a Javelin Catapult. How the hell do you use this thing? It seems completely impossible to aim.

We are indeed having a blast. We have been cruising through missions on Normal, but we encountered one, with the quadrupedal fortress, that we simply couldn’t get past, and thus going back to earlier levels on Hard to mine for improved weapons.