Elden Ring - George R.R. Martin and Hidetaka Miyazaki

I really, really love the game, however, I have not played it for a couple of days. And you know what? I got so much free time to do other stuff, because I am not playing. This makes me think, if I really want to continue. It just takes out so much time when you play like 3-4 hrs daily since it is out.

I am like 120 hrs in or more… the other souls game were all finished at that mark. It is just so effing huge. I really hope they go back to more normal length games (there other games were not short either).

The DLC for ER could be pretty long as well.

I spent 100 hours in Elden Ring and the second highest was DS3 at 85 hours, including a lot of helping people with Sister Friede, Nameless King and Midir. And I skipped a bunch of stuff in ER, too.

I think i’m at about 165 hours on this character and 180 total. I’m being really thorough though, and enjoying my time - it could end now and I’d be happy, but i wouldn’t want it cut any shorter. And if we add this together with dying light 2, I’m at about 190 hours, which averages about 90hrs per AAA game this year, so that’s good!

I am over 200 hours but I am both a completionist and a lover of open worlds. I think my first play thrus in the DS games were about 120 hours.

I think I might have everyone here beat. Over 250 hours on my ‘main’ who finally beat the game and just began NG+ and over 100 (maybe 150?) hours combined on several ‘alts’ one of which I’m actively playing to end game from scratch to see if I can do it without all the rune farming and cheese I used my first play through. (So far, so good!)

Time well spent as far as I’m concerned. I am really enjoying the ride.

Yeah, same here. I was doing the same, so last couple of weeks I’ve been trying to limit myself in Elden Ring and do some other things too. Last week I listened to a 12 hour Great Lecture series about Spain and finished it this weekend. I finished the latest book I’m reading as well this weekend. And I watched some TV series again as well. It feels good to have balance again, and not just play a game with every spare moment.

I’m at about 100 hours now. The game itself continues to be incredible.

I am at 284 hours on one character. In addition to being a completionist, I also love coop and love helping my friend and my son.

Finished the game yesterday, not sure what to do with my life now. :) I do have 3 achievements left though but it’s probably too much work to find out which legendary weapons/spells I missed.

The three alternative endings?

more.

I thought it was 4 total endings?

All that time you could have been playing Elden Ring. What a waste smh.

Since I started playing Souls/Bloodborne games so much, whenever I visit a church or cathedral in a city in real life as a tourist, I always get a “trigger” feeling, like, this place is really good for a boss fight… So many Bosses I have fought in churches… It spills over into reality.

What’s the likely time frame for this to drop?

They probably require more time than Dark Souls 3. DS3 DLC was approximately 6 months after main game for DLC1, then 1 year after main game for DLC 2.

Well played.

But only 3 count as achievements; at least on Steam. Age of Stars Ending; Frenzied Flame; and being Elden Lord yourself.

Cool ty

I thought 3 counted and Elden Lord was a separate achievement. But I could be wrong.

Hah! I took a break from Elden Ring and managed to actually start and finish another game (The Outer Worlds) in about a week and start one of the DLC. Such was the need to play something completely different from ER, a game that has had me seriously addicted since release to the point where I was doing not much else, that I played a game to completion for the first time in a long while.

In the two weeks since I took a break from ER, I also managed to finish season 5 of Better Call Saul, part 2 of season 4 of Ozark, watched a Blu Ray I bought some time ago (Three Outlaw Samurai), and started exercising again.

So fuck you Elden Ring. (And see you sometime this week… You’re not getting off that easy!)