Elden Ring - George R.R. Martin and Hidetaka Miyazaki

Any build is viable if you can avoid getting hit. The ability to read a boss’s moves really helps but being good at dodging is key.

Haha, that’s awesome! Well done, kid.

Well I have somewhat managed to improve performance. I have moved all game pass games to an external ssd and unplugged when playing. I am using flawless widescreen in offline mode and I am running Special K and that seems to have fixed 95% of the issues, so full widescreen with minimal hitching.

Game was worth it though. I have my steed and bell and started exploring to the south and the Main Gate. Now to start leveling up.

Edit: Sorry, I should add some context. This is a mod for the PC version that essentially adds full, start-to-finish persistent co-op. Coming this week!

Argh, only for PC (on PS5 here and would LOVE full coop.)

It is surprising how many mods exist for this game already. Many of them are just ER versions of DS mods.

Got an email from Future Press that their ER guide is coming very soon. It’s actually two guides, both $50 and seemingly 512 pages each? Crazy.

https://www.future-press.com/books/elden-ring-vol1/

https://www.future-press.com/books/elden-ring-vol2/

Appendix A: Location of Every Wolf in the Game

I’m tempted! I wish I had their Dark Souls Compendium for sure.

I don’t remember where I was but I saw DS book somewhere, but I couldn’t pull the trigger on buying it.

It’s around, I guess, but I’m not willing to pay more than cover price. If that’s what you saw it for then I shake my fist at thee.

Holy crap Amazon show that DS compendium for $1800+. I bought one when it came out but I don’t know where it’s at or if I even cracked it open. I guess I better find out

And put a preorder in on the ER books…I’m weak.

I think I balked at paying $50 +/-.

shake

How do you preorder? I don’t see a link…

I preordered on Amazon. I just entered in the ISBN #s from the Futurepress site. I don’t know if I’ll keep the order but I at least want to get on the list. This way too I can tell my wife I “forgot” that I preordered when it just shows up some day ;-)

Oooh yay I just found my DS compendium. It’s in a nice slipcover too. I don’t think I’ve even cracked it yet and now that I know it has some ridiculous value I don’t want to.

You can pre-order on Amazon. I think maybe their shop is just where they dispose of extras?

Well, I’m very proud of myself. I just beat the Draconic Tree Sentinel and am finally in the capital, which is as gorgeous and complicated as promised.

I had an amazing experience too. I had taken a few runs at the DTS, and co-oped a few times. I found there’s a summonable NPC–Great Horned Tragoth–and I took him into the fight. With about 80% of the DTS’s health left, we get invaded. I figure anyone invading this fight can completely fuck themselves and don’t even turn my head. Let 'em take me down, jerks. But they don’t show up, and don’t show up, and suddenly a blue protector comes in and starts helping me and Tragoth whale on the Tree Sentinel.

We get him down to 50%, it’s going great. We get him to 30% and Tragoth bites it, hemmed in by red lightning near the stairs, at about 10% my blue protector buddy bites it, and suddenly it’s just me.

Breathe, Doom, I tell myself. Don’t spaz out and get sloppy. I get some distance, chug a potion. It throws red lightning at me and I flub the roll, but still get in close and get a heavy hit off. This happens 3 more times, with either a fireball from the horse or a lightning strike catching me. I’m chugging, running, probably playing too cautiously. It’s 2nd phase red lightning wears off and I think holy shit I’m going to do this. The Draconic Tree Sentinel has so little health I can’t see any red on the bar. My blue phantom and Tragoth, they’re going to be so proud of me, it will be worth it, oh shit, low health, chug. Wait, it didn’t work - chug!

Fireball in the face.

Dead.

I howl, from the other room my wife says ‘what happened?!’

Next try I take it down, Tragoth doesn’t even die.

Best game ever.