Elden Ring - George R.R. Martin and Hidetaka Miyazaki

Soooo - Black Knife Tiche +10 vs. Mimic +10? Which would you use the most?

It was mimic all the way for me. But I was playing a relatively tanky character, so mimic had good armor. Tiche may work better for you depending on what role you need your summon to fill.

I alternate. Properly geared, the Mimic can be devastating. Tiche is a great tank and can either take the heat off you or inflict serious damage while you dodge bosses and heal yourself. If you get stuck, experiment between the two. And congratulations on getting Tiche. I found that fight tough with my mage.

As Taylor Swift says - “It’s me, hi, I’m the problem, it’s me”. Hard to beat having your mirror self going to town on the boss at the same time as your true self.

Uninstalled to make room for some other games and will probably pop back in for DLC, but offhand, pretty sure I had both of the above plus maybe the Rot Knight levelled to +10, and as others said, they’re different enough to all live in my rotation depending on situation.

Thought some of you might get a kick out of the radical humility of Hidetaka Miyazaki in his acceptance speech for Best Design at the Game Developer’s Choice Awards this last week.

First off, don’t worry about what level you are at. You are the one playing the game. I guess my only words of wisdom would be that each attribute has a soft cap where leveling it up gets you less. INT is 80 if I remember right. With ER they are higher than the DS games so I don’t know off hand what the others are.

I used the mimic. But I think it depends on the boss and what your specs are.

Thanks. It was a hard but fair fight. I fell off the cliffs a couple of times trying to get time to throw rock sling , which worked pretty well when I could get it off but she closes quickly. Some of her moves I learned to dodge pretty quickly and hit with the Moonveil special and I could do damage, but I’d die when I needed a health flask and couldn’t get space to take it, or my magic flask would need to be refreshed and I’d get hit trying to fill it. It was very close when I took her out.

My problem with my Mimic is that I have him equipped just like me, Meteorite Staff and Moonveil, but he often seems to just lean against a wall away from the action and eat popcorn and watch. BTW - I assume he doesn’t switch what’s in his hands? I know he will switch spells.

Yeah, the mimic will switch spells but not weapons. So if you only want your mimic to fight a certain way, you can get load up that way, summon your mimic, and then switch your loadout back.

Yea, as a mage I wanted the mimic to melee the boss, so I wouldn’t put the scepter in my hands until after I had summoned the mimic. The mimic would use the moonveil.

Came back to this on my new PC, started over. This is the first playthrough I’ve used a darkmoon greatsword and wow is all I can say. It’s so much better than any other option it’s not even funny. Stuff that usually gave me a hard time is just trivial. Godfrey and the next guy both down in about 15 seconds.

I was always stuck at Estel, so never managed to finish the quest to get this thing, glad I stuck it out.

If you’ve never done a playthrough with it, I can highly recommend it. Great range, great damage, fast, does magic damage but uses stamina so you can last a really long time with minimal FP usage. Also has great stagger from range. Has my vote for best weapon in the game.

Hmmm. I’m a magic user with Moonveil as my main weapon, I’ve finished Ranni’s quest and have the Darkmoon Greatsword, I’ll have to go to a part of the map to learn it and try it out.

Scale int with it, use the special, it’s amazing!

Well, I’ve got a crap ton of points in INT, so should be fun!

The “Moonlight Greatsword” is always pretty good in each Souls game.

I forget which was the first one to give it a projectile attack because that wasn’t always the case.

In OG Demon’s Souls it actually scaled off Faith and it’s damage would go through shields, but otherwise it was just a sword.

I love the Darkmoon Greatsword. Once you activate its power, you can shoot out ice arcs overtime by using your power attack (right trigger for me on my XBOx1 controller). That means you are not consistently draining mana when using its special power. That also means you can also use a shield with it. I pair the Darkmoon Greatsword with the activated Jellyfish shield.

It’s the weapon I switched to from the moonveil. I was surprised how quick it was for a great sword.

I’m convinced that moonveil into darkmoon is the ultimate progression. I’ve tried just about everything else, and for me nothing came close. Really enjoying my current playthrough, but it’s going to make it hard to bother with other weapons lol. In a way I’m really glad I was late to the party.

I’m getting tempted to try another playthrough or two with something different and the darkmoon sword sounds intriguing. Previously, I ran through w/ Moonveil and then with the Fallingstar Beast Jaw. The latter, for me, was by far superior to the Moonveil in my ability to take down bosses. Curious how this would compare.