Email software

I am currently using Thunderbird to manage several email accounts. I think Outlook (desktop software) can do this as well. But how about any of the several online email platforms such as Gmail or Outlook.com (separate product)? Do they allow users to have multiple inboxes for various accounts? I believe all my accounts are IMAP and not POP. Thanks.

Postbox and Mailbird are standalone desktop apps that I’ve bought in the past. Postbox is based on Thunderbird.

You can’t import and manage non-Google mail accounts from gmail web, if that’s what you mean.

It sounds as though you really want a client mail app though? There are plenty of those still, as rei notes.

Diego

Pretty sure the Gmail client app (ie on Android) does allow multiple accounts, though I don’t use it. I like to keep my email separate.

I still use Thunderbird on windows as I haven’t found anything better in my quest over the past 20-ish years-- and I’ve tried them all. TB sucks, but everything else is worse.

On MacOS I really like MS Outlook, surprisingly enough. It’s fantastic on MacOS and mediocre on Windows, the opposite of the rest of the Office suite.

I’ve heard good things about Outlook on iOS as well (still haven’t tried it myself).

Email software is kind of an obsolete concept, which is why Thunderbird and Outlook are still the state of the (dying) art.

You can use the plain old Gmail web interface to configure your Gmail acct to pull in other accounts via IMAP/POP3. Then some cleverness with rules and labels can keep email from different accounts clearly separated.

How so?
I have about four email accounts that I use regularly, with probably a few more incoming in the next years.

One for business stuff, one for private stuff, an ancient one that is still somehow around and I use it to collect hilarious spam (incl. naughty stuff, which can be the most hilarious of them all), other accounts for clients, …

I wanted to switch away from Thunderbird because the interface is just ancient and way too bright (even with dark skins it still displays the emails in full brightness, ugh).
Tried Mailspring, and really liked it at first - you register an account with it and it remembers all your other email accounts, which is incredibly helpful if you work on multiple devices/OS. Unfortunately, it has endless bugs, some of them actually hide your emails… unusable for professional purposes, really.

There are other clients, but I only want those that can be used across devices and operating systems. I have no desire to deal with different client on Windows/Linux…

Went back to Thunderbird in the end, because while others look better, at least Thunderbird works - and that on all platforms I use.

I just started using eM Client recently, and I like it pretty well so far.

Awhile back I used Microsoft’s web-based interface to check in on one of my old hotmail accounts, and was plain dumbfounded by how bad it was.

I use Postbox on both Windows and Mac and quite like it.

Outlook is probably the best iOS mail client that doesn’t act as a man-in-the-middle. I use it for work email. I’d use it for personal email too, but I want to keep that completely separate so I use the built-in iOS mail app, which is… OK. I’m not a power-user on mobile anyway.

I previously used Airmail on iOS and really liked it, but the miserable horsesuckers moved to a subscription model and hopefully, fingers crossed, are eternally burning in hell right now.

Postbox is a Thunderbird fork, they improved the UI quite a lot, finally supporting multi-row lists, but they charge quite a lot for it and the last time I played with it, it lacked the realtime mail filtering I use all the time in TB.

Outlook for iOS is a Microsoft-acquired Accompli with man in the middle.

No, Outlook iOS connects directly to your email server.

Thanks. I missed this change in 2019. Exchange used to have saved credentials in their cloud in 2018 still.

Yeah this changed December 2018.

I’ve been looking at this one. I would have to pay for a license, however, since I have too many email accounts for the free trial version. The other option is to use Outlook since I have an Office 365 subscription, but I dunno.

Heck, spend a couple of hours with Outlook. It’s not the simplest thing ever, but it’s got a pretty comprehensive set of tools, it can handle any number of accounts, and there’s a buttload of tips and tutorials online.