Emojimovie: Express Yourself - Sony loses its damn mind

My daughter did an acting camp in which they rush through a short film in a week and premiere it at a theater. That happens tomorrow. Then we have to stay and watch this. I will be doing so with my two daughters and 4 other little female friends and family members.

Thoughts and prayers appreciated. I wish I had a flask.

Serious fatherhood sacrifice. Been there. I am conflicted as I feel sorry for you, yet I also laugh inside.

I’ve seen some bad animated movies I could tolerate. A lot have to do with talking animals that have to escape or save something. There was also the Smurfs. I could find something in most that was not a terrible waste of time. This has to be one of the most uninspired, soulless ones I have ever seen. Some of the kids thought it was good or OK. However I was in a theater with a good 50 people mostly kids and there were not a lot of them laughing. I was so bored and inwardly groaning so often, in order to find something to occupy my mind in between unfunny, predictable dialog, I would listen for anyone else laughing. There were precious few incidents of that.

Verdict: My 11 year old thought it was good, but I think she was countering my immediate trashing of it as we left. My 16 year old agreed it was not good.

In dire need of something good to watch to clean my brain’s palate.

May I recommend the movie Clifford with Martin Short and Charles Grodin

Is this worse than Trolls or Storks?

Sometimes as parents we just need to own our failures. Go, and know that this is your fault ;)

One of the best family movies ever made:

Oh yes that one is solid.

Currently at a blistering 6% on Rotten Tomatoes

Oh yeah, I loved it. Great choice.