"End of the world" flicks - a compilation

Very good book, but it’s not the movie I’m thinking of. This one was a dark British comedy released sometime in the 1960s and with a very 1960s-English-pop flavor (or perhaps I should say “flavour”).[/quote]

Were you thinking of ‘Whoops, Apocalypse’?

Yes. As was When Worlds Collide, Testament, Miracle Mile, etc., which were also mentioned again. Your laziness and 220 days of EQ playing has made us ripe for extermination.

I’d recommend a quirky, Canadian ‘End of the World’ flick:

“Last Night” written and directed by Don McKellar.

It’s not so much about the ‘end of the world’ as much as it’s about how people react to impending doom, which is what I think is what makes this genre so interesting.

Obligatory IMDB link:

Enjoy!

/Eph

Also already listed in my list on the first page.

So it was! I was so busy checking to make sure that no one listed “Last Night” that I missed the fact that you listed “Last Night”.

So, please take my mention of it as an endorsement rather than a new addition to the list :)

/Eph

I picked this one up and just finished today. What a great book, thanks for teh mention.

World Gone Wild is a fun post-apocalypse flick.

Forget about the godawful Day of the Triffids movie and try to find the 1981 BBC mini-series version.

Tank Girl. Oh jes. Guilty Pleasures R Us.

I’m going to regret mentioning it, aren’t I?

more than likely yes.

I hired the video to check it out as I had not seen it. I managed to watch the first 20 minutes or so but had to stop the tape.

I think I need to be either drunk or high to watch a film like Tank Girl.

I wonder if this is a film Naomi Watts would rather forget about ?

Does the film get any better later ?

Yes, they have end credits.

Actually, the end credits are even worse than the rest of the movie.

But it still speaks to me. I admit it. I love awful movies. They make me happy. I also enjoy really truly excellent movies, though usually they’re in another language and are forced upon me by The Swiss.

She hates awful (read: American) movies, and I usually have to sneak a viewing of crapfests when she’s not around. Though to her credit she watched and enjoyed the X-Men movies with me. There may be some hope for her yet.

That said, I still couldn’t get all the way through LXG.