Endless Space 2

I’m pretty sure, but double check and give it a try! I remember one of my first games I ran out of cash, and one thing the game did was recall my hero (who was a governor) to deal with the deficit. I’m at work right now so can’t test it again at the moment. :)

I just finished my 2nd game, this time I was the Sophons. The first game I lost as the human guys. I think I had a large galaxy, normal difficulty.

Wow the omniscience faction ability is powerful! The Endless techs were only taking like 5 turns a piece because so much science was being generated.

I was able to keep the peace, so my only battles were a couple against some pirates. I prefer games like this where everyone doesn’t decide to attack the player just because you’re closing in on a victory. Of course, I may attack someone if they are going to win, but the game is for me to enjoy, not the AI! I hate it when the AI gets all psycho. That doesn’t mean I don’t want some push back along the way, I just want it to feel more natural than pile on the leader, so good job to the devs for not going down that road.

There were a couple times when my dust got a little low, but I didn’t find it too much so. I just keep my eye on it as I build things. If my income starts to decrease too much I know if’s time to focus on some dust generation. I think a trading company can go a long way to help with dust problems.

I am having a problem where I can’t start combat with anything. When I try and attack a fleet and start combat, it just this there forever. I can’t end my turns even. I tried restarting the game, but its still stuck. Does anyone else have this issue?

Absolutely.

:( I guess Ill have something else to do for the rest of the night. I hope this is fixed fast. I could start a new game, but there is no reason that this will not happen again.

So do I. In fact, it’s my biggest beef with the Total War series. Nice to hear that isn’y an issue.

Completely agree as well. I’m more on the sim side instead of boardgame side of things, so that sort of behavior just kills my immersion and enjoyment of a campaign.

You should check out TW Warhamme then.

I did! Played it quite a bit over the course of a couple months. Looking forward to #2!

Oh, right, I probably should have replied to @tgb123 now I think about it. :)

Maybe I should turn on the tutorial? I must be missing something, because these ark people seem to be totally gimped. In the time that it takes them to make their first colony, a featureless civilization with no special bonuses or powers whatsoever could easily have 4. It appears their early ankh income is totally dependent on there happening to be a neutral race the next system over to suck from, and even then it will take 10 turns of leeching to produce a new ark while the pathetic tundra planet they start on won’t even generate a new colonist. And if there is no such planet, as there usually is not, it will take forever for that sad 4-movement ship to ever get anywhere.

This is true. And I believe their salary goes up with their level. When you go bankrupt, one of the first suggestions the game gives is to unassign your heroes.

I wish they had some kind of spying or intelligence gathering in the game. I’m in a protracted war with the Vodyani and I have no idea how strong or weak they may be. They sure are throwing a lot of ships at me, that’s for sure. Oh, and I guess you can’t kill enemy heroes? I destroyed a hero’s ship but after the battle his ship is still there with just a sliver of health.

If the fleet survives, the hero is rescued.

I was thinking that too, unless I’m missing some info screen somewhere. I guess the player can fire probes into an enemy’s area and hope to spot some fleets to get an idea how strong they are.

There is an AI overproduction issue in this game like in ES1, but not as bad. Any war after the very early stages of the game will result in the enemy producing zillions of ships. The AIs do run out of money and production after a while if you invade. But if you are just sitting there watching them fail against your defenses, eventually they’ll come up with enough materiel and advancement if you do nothing but turtle. It seems to me if a war starts and your best fleet actually takes damage in its first engagement you are screwed.

It depends on the difficulty setting, I think. I’ve lost fleets to early AI attacks but rebuilt to comfortably take the war in a battle of attrition - but I doubt I could do that on a difficulty setting where the AI production bonuses get too high.

It was much the same in Endless Legend, and it’s the same in most 4X games. AI bonuses are wreck war balance in this way.

Thanks for the heads up on this because I never played the first game. I’ve killed sooo many of their ships so far. I’ve been moving my best fleet toward their home world but it feels like paddling upstream because every turn I have to fight another one of his fleets or arks. He must have some kind of economy to afford all of those ships.

You need at least two fleets leapfrogging conquest to get anywhere, probably more because of manpower and invasion issues. What I wind up doing in a war is putting one fleet on the most recent conquest or jumping off point, and sending one to invade the next one; then swap that one with yet a third so as to maintain the manpower needed for the invasion while the first invader returns to a home system to replenish. It’s really painful because every turn all three fleets will be fighting space combats due to the constant stream of fleets the AI is able to produce. But it’s better than ES 1 where the constant stream was a firehose and each fleet might have to fight 5 or so identical combats every turn because AI production was so insane.

How do you stop a colony from developing? The AI has done this many times to me. This is when the AI blockades or does something when you are trying to establish a colony. I prevents the colony from growing and eventually the colony will die off.

I have a bunch of ships in orbit around an AI colony (this is before it becomes established). I am guarding the sector which is my most offensive action available. Yet each turn the time until the colony is established counts down. There are no other AI ships in the system. I seem unable to do the same trick the AI does to me, that is blocking a colony from becoming established and having it wither and die.