Enlisted - FTP, Open Beta - PS5, Series X and PC

The squad gimmick is way more interesting than anything the other MP shooters are trying to do, though the bots are super hit or miss- they do work better if they’ve been given an order to go somewhere as they will sit still and actually shoot but it’s still kinda iffy.

It’s enough to keep me going through, though yeah basic things like light machine guns taking a while to unlock are somewhat unfortunate. I’d love to see something like this in a bit less ah, grindy package. The seperate national progression is brutal in this game but I imagine they see it like War Thunder in that way.

In a way it reminds me of Mount and Blade Bannerlord’s Captains game mode, which also is a really good way to give the feel of a real-ish battle without needing 200 players(cats) to herd around and performatively do war things.

I’m mostly immune to Gaijin’s shenanigans…

…For the longest time in War Thunder tanks you had to grind experience to get the “spare parts” unlock. Without it if you were hit in the wheel or engine deck early on you became a pillbox, unable to move and you just sat there for the rest of the battle.

Then you had to grind another level 1 unlock so that you could move on to grinding Fire Prevention Equipment so you didn’t just slowly burn to death the first time things got toasty.

Thankfully Enlisted doesn’t seem to be that bad yet. Although eventually if you’re starting out with the 1903 Springfield and you’re running into enemy hefting the FG42 and mortars with ground attack aircraft overhead you’re going to have to have tiers like you see in planes and tanks. We’ll see what they do with that on release.

Unlocking machine guns is a game changer right now. You can put yourself into a position where it’s hard for the enemy to do more than plink away at you and then constant suppressing fire… has an effect.

Everyone who crossed the wood in front of me ended up wounded to some degree and then the assists kept rolling in.

You are correct that mg’s are good, though mine was on the stationary ones. People need to learn to shoot those.

enlisted176

Eh , I messed with this for an hour or two, its alright I guess.

thought you would like it a lot, parts felt like Day of Defeat or Red Orchestra

Yeah but I am getting older and its hard to see tiny men to shoot. :P

I’m liking the actual gameplay part of the game. The management part annoys me as it interrupts the fun part with a clumsy interface and fiddly management of individual soldiers, their “skills” and weapons, but if you don’t keep up with it you don’t get to play with the cool toys.

Most of the games I’ve played have been fairly balanced, last night was the first time I had a couple rounds that were very one-sided. Luck of the draw I guess, or there were more “groups” on the other team. Haven’t talked any of my gaming pards into trying it yet so haven’t tried the group thing.
For me, its been a nice change of pace from HLL, which has been my go-to shooter of late.

Me and some friends were looking for a shooter to play, and since we’re misers with varying economies, we decided Hell Let Loose was a Bridge Too Far, so we ended up going with Enlisted.

I’m really fricken impressed with it. I’ve sunk countless hours into Red Orchestra 2 and really I’m impressed that someone made a free game that is practically as good.

I won’t get pulled into the nickle and dime, that’s gonna ruin it for me eventually, but I feel like it combines the best of Red Orchestra and Battlefield.

The maps are utterly gorgeous, the guns feel just about right. The tanks are sports cars, that’s the Battlefield influence. But it’s really fun! And loud!

It’s a good time. I really ought to go back to it for a bit, especially before BF2042 and CoD: Vanguard will likely eat up my time (and Warzone…which I never tire of…). I really liked the squad mechanics, and tanks are a lot clunkier than they are in Battlefield from an aiming and firing standpoint! They also get stuck in trenches even easier than in BF1 and BFV. :)

Yeah, but then I tend to just drive them over the sheet metal roofing on the trenches. That is some sturdy stuff.