Enter the Game Music Thunderdome

Divinity 2 and Total Annihilation

Rayman Legends and Total Annihilation

Shadowrun Dragonfall and Rayman Legends.

Definitely Rayman Legends! Second choice… Divinity 2, I think.

Divinity 2, Total Annihilation

The Rayman track is pleasant enough, until we got to the washboard section. I know that the washboard is a core part of the Rayman soundscape, but man it’s a noise I just do not enjoy at all.

This is going to be one of those weird inside-my-own-head things, but the Divinity song is what the Diablo Tristram theme sounds like in the memory in my head (as opposed to the way the song actually sounds).

Clearly Total Annihilation and Rayman.

I vote this as well.

Shadowrun was alright, as was Divinity, but both are more mood/ background music, and don’t really stand out in their own right to me.

Whittling down my Rayman Origin and Legends music list – hell my Christopher Heral list – for the Thunderdome was really tough. I chose Luchador because it’s got a lot of the things that make the Rayman soundtracks so irresistible to me: the raw energy and sense of fun in the sound, the kooky instruments (like the washboard and kazoo), the big brassy sections, the slapping and clapping percussion, the giddy singing, whooping and hollering and, of course, the melodies and overall composition holding it all together. Wonderful stuff. The Thunderdome needs a bit more fun in it. Funderdome.

Attack!!! didn’t really do much for me particularly compared to the other two which I thought were both great. I think the Broken Valley Wakes edges out Glory’s Theme but it’s a tough call. The latter is really atmospheric and textural while the former has that totally unexpected and catchy whistling melody. Hmm.

Rayman Legends and… Shadowrun. Atmosphere and texture won this vote.

I think we should have a fruit and veg themed Thunderdome. I’ll have Rayman Oranges and Rayman Lemons, @SadleyBradley can have Nier: Tomato.

Perfect!

That’s what makes Broken Valley Wakes totally irresistible to me, I totally love that part and can listen to it over and over - joining in and whistling.

Edit: Going back to listen to it again!

Rayman and Divinity 2.

Rayman Legends
Total Annihilation

Rayman and Divinity 2

It reminds me of the Lone Star melody from the Sword & Sworcery soundtrack (more great music for future 'domes).

Group Y: Rayman Legends, Total Annihilation

I like how it picks up towards the end.

Voting for Group Y is still open for another hour or two.

Group Z

Featuring nominations from @Kyle700, @rhamorim, @Gordon_Cameron, and @SadleyBradley.

NieR: Automata and Chrono Cross for me.

Is the Super Smash Bros. the whole half hour, or a subsection thereof?