Enter the Game Music Thunderdome

Baldur’s Gate II and Before the Storm advance.

Match 21:

• StarCraft
  • Rimworld

0 voters

Match 22:

• Journey
  • NieR: Automata

0 voters

Rimworld:

Man, matches 21 and 22 are both TOUGH.

All I can hear is the death sound.

Journey vs Nier , that 1 vote lead! D:

Nothing new today?

Sorry for forgetting to post the new round yesterday.

StarCraft and Journey advance.

Match 23:

• Titanfall 2
  • Super Mario Galaxy

0 voters

Match 24:

• Persona 5
  • Final Fantasy VI

0 voters

Hard to decided between FFVI and Persona 5. There were about three minutes of FFVI that I enjoyed much more than P5. However, the first 8:20 were pretty tedious, and 11:30 to the end were alright aside from the organ sound changing from pipe-organ to Vox-Continental. In the end, P5’s consistency won out.

Gusty Garden Galaxy is a short ride in a fast (and joyful) machine.

I’ll be sad if Titanfall 2 loses, but not too sad, as the Super Mario Galaxy theme is both amazing and iconic.

Super Mario Galaxy and Final Fantasy VI advance.

Match 25:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTF1lzrdjg

• No Man’s Sky
  • Nex Machina

0 voters

Match 26:

• Street Fighter II
  • Crypt of the Necrodancer

0 voters

I honestly expected to be in the minority on both of these. Interesting.

I can’t believe I just voted against Guile’s Theme, but it just did not hold up against Necrodancer.

For me, Guile’s Theme just had more forward motion. Necrodancer was good, but a bit heavy.

Escape Velocity is very evocative of the experience of breaking free of gravity. I thought is was good programme music.

Nex Machina was the clear winner in match 25 for me. I like the piano melody of the NMS track but I didn’t enjoy the wall of sound much, despite being partial to one.

I love the Guile theme but no matter how many blows it landed, Crypt of the Necrodancer kept getting back up.

He’s done most of the soundtrack I believe and Danny Bararowsky even left a comment!

It’s funny. The more I listen to the No Man’s Sky track, the more I like it. Partly it’s because it’s a good piece. Also partly, it takes me back to those day in the library at college with headphones on learning to understand the musique concrete of Davidovsky and Varese. I guess it was worth it after all.

Nex Machina and Crypt of the Necrodancer advance.

Match 27:

• Zelda
  • Morrowind

0 voters

Match 28:

(in case the tags don’t work, the nomination is just track 2, Dies Irae.)

• Final Fantasy X
  • Fantasy General

0 voters

I just played Thumper for the first time. Beat level 1, and what music should be playing on the final score screen? Yep, Dies Irae. I can’t unhear it now, it’s everywhere!

One of the easier brackets for me.

Oh, you think Dies Irae is everywhere? Get into neoclassical metal, it really is everywhere.

Morrowind and Final Fantasy X advance.

Match 29:

• Total Annihilation
  • Super Smash Bros.

0 voters

Match 30:

• Republic
  • Civilization IV

0 voters