Enter the Game Music Thunderdome

That is uncalled for!

I post it with a tear in my eye.

Yes, it had Battle Royale before Battle Royale was cool. It also had all kinds of random events DURING battle royale that were ridiculous fun.

This isn’t a great video, but you get the idea… “FUCK OFF!”

The Dustforce tune is lovely but Luchador wrestled it to the ground.

Monty and Bastion was super tough to decide on and I went with Monty in the end just because I think it’s a more dynamic, unpredictable and exciting piece. The thing is, the Bastion song is so expertly crafted when you know it’s formed from two other individually good songs, so that’s not wasted on me at all.

For what it’s worth I still think Cybernoid II is the stronger bleep bloop!

How did I reply to myself? Oh well.

Damn it, I need an HD remaster or sequel to that. It reminds me of Power Stone but with some grit. How did it escape me? The multiplayer looks a riot.

That’s a tough call. I prefer the vibe/atmosphere of Cybernoid II but Rob Hubbard’s harried, insistent beat and wild synth solos are fantastic. They are both among the peaks of '80s chiptunedome.

However, IMO, International Karate (also Hubbard) is better than either of them, and it didn’t even make it to round two.

OH THE HUMANITY

Sega just kinda dumped it out everywhere they released it except Japan. At that time too, people were really down on beat 'em ups, and games from Japan that look and feel like games from Japan. They kinda still are, so it was no surprise that it only had cult following. Bayonetta wasn’t quite the star she is now either, although if you watch that video, she was pretty awesome in the game.

Probably didn’t help that it’s a pseudo sequel to MadWorld too, another Platinum game lost to time. That also had a great soundtrack from some of the same artists.

I’ve never played multiplayer like it before or since. The random events were so ridiculously fun, too. Everything is over the top in the most awesome of ways.

I can believe that, being Platinum and all. I did notice Bayonetta in it but hadn’t made the MadWorld connection despite the massive chainsaw. I am disappoint that I missed it!

‘Wild’ is exactly the word I just used to describe it to my girlfriend and ultimately what swung it for me (she’s a fan of the Bastion song so I had to justify my vote to her, haha). I will return to the IK tune! I listened to the Amiga IK+ theme and it pales in comparison!

Go Monty go!

Jesus, I think the close race makes it worse

Whoever wins, we lose.

Hey, I just saw someone switch their vote to Monty. THAT IS NOT ALLOWED!

I QUIT EVERYTHING

What is this MADNESS!?

Did you refresh the page? After doing that, it shows 14-11 for me, total 25, 56%/44% split, which looks correct.

If anyone feels like their vote isn’t being counted correctly in the automated poll, please let me know here.

3 million illegal immigrants have been carted in to tip the vote to Bastion.

IT’S THE KGB, PEOPLE!!!