Entourage Season 6

I keep expecting Chris Hanson to bust out of E’s closet.

This is true.

Solid episode last night though. Ari and Lloyd’s exchange was hilarious!

I know they’ll never do it, but I’d like to see them end Entourage and spin off a new show just about the agents. The old cast could guest every once and a while, but generally I find the most interesting stuff to be Ari/Loyd etc.

I think you’re quite possibly the greatest troll in the universe.

The season is ending on a high note

Really? While still fun to watch, I think the show has gotten quite stale.

Watching Lloyd and Ari go at it could be its own show

Eh, the last episode was good. But it has a lot to make up for. Most of this season sucked. Worst season yet.

Not much happened this season at all. It’s a shame the most interesting thing I’ve seen is Lloyd going off on his own.

Fuck entourage. I’ve always wanted The Ari Gold Show, guest starring Lloyd and Mrs. Ari Gold.

“Sorry, bro…he Jason Bourned me.”

There were some good parts in the end, but this season felt like it was floundering trying to find it’s point.

The finale wasn’t quite as good as the couple of episodes before it but still pretty solid. I liked Damon’s cameo a good amount. E and Sloan though is very, very silly.

This felt more like a series finale then a season finale.

Incidentally, it it just me or does Matt Damon seem to do this kind of self-parody thing a lot, and in a lot of different ways, on a lot of different shows? I’m beginning to think he’s some kind of evil genius reverse psychology master, because you never hear Matt Damon jokes, and I suspect it’s because he’s done every joke you could make about him x10 in a self-deprecating sort of way. Team America is about all I can think of, and that was a good long while ago.

Also, I am OK with Mr. and Mrs. E as long as it serves to keep Emmanuelle Chriqui on the screen with frequency. Yum.

Ari had a good monologue. Other than that, it was bland.

Weird, normally when people bag on a show or season I’m like “Yes, TIMES TEN!”

But I’ve really liked Entourage through (and including) Season 6 (haven’t started S7). This season was all about the characters finding their own identities and growing up, and through the life of the series I’ve liked how they’ve had the contrast of characters ascending, descending, and then dealing with life/identity/growth issues.

In S6 every single one of them had major growth: E with Sloan (and even going so far back to taking the job in the first place); Ari seeing Terrence in a new light (and thus Lloyd in a new light); Drama’s speech about rejection and insecurities, both to the TV exec and then when screening; and Turtle getting desperate for his own identity and being insecure.

Vincent’s opportunity to grow occurred in S5 when he got desperate, realized his career was mortal, and was willing to do whatever it took in order to become a better actor. In S6 he was basically set dressing and context (which is fine).

S6 was about all the characters growing up, except Vincent, who is basically stable and comfortable.

The relationship between Ari and his wife is awesome as well. She’s an absolutely great character and you can see why she’d be one of the only women that could handle Ari. I’m glad they’ve basically left her alone and just kept her as a reference point for his own craziness.